SoS: November 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Wow! Im honoured that I inspired you to try an RK blade! The first few shaves with this blade didn’t impress me either. I think you summarized it very well in that it’s nothing special but it does contribute to a a nice comfortable shave.

2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 3rd November 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
    Blade: Treet 7 Day Platinum. (D4)
    Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut Attraction Totale ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A very comfortable close shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

last outing of the Treet 7 Day Platinum my reacquaintance with Treet blades has impressed me yet with their longevity and sharpness and has paired together with each razor throughout the week...I will continue with the T7DP for another week after the comfortable efficient performance from them throughout this week.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

3. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

ERA OC L5 Razor
    Kai
    Barbasol Aloe Shave Cream
    Aloe Vera
    Clubman Bay Rum Aftershave
    ERA.JPG

4. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

5. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Thursday November 3, 2022
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Personna Platinum (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    IMG_1598.jpg

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Pre: Hot shower
    Coffee: Wegmans medium roast BLACK
    Tunes: Pandora shuffle
    Razor: Gillette SS
    Blade: made for military Base Exchange, day 9, 3 passes
    Soap: TSD with lanolin Desert Rose
    Brush: The Dridecker
    For the 'stache: Stirling's Stirling Gentleman beard oil, Dirigo Blue wax

Just another great shave!
    1667475041373.jpg

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221103.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #423 2-band Badger
    Tourqued Slant by @twhite
    Nacet Stainless
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

Today's slant shave is with the Tourqued by Tom. It's a great shaver. Tomorrow, I will use one of his Gillette Tech Slants.

The L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #423 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Tourqued Slant by Tom and the Nacet Stainless Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yeah, if they’re alcohol based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Astra Green day 9
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum AS Splash

Heaven, I’m in heaven!

Yesterday I received a lovely haul from South Africa that I’ll soon display and part of it was two of this magnificent Frosted Bay Rum soap with two of the matching aftershaves. Wowzer, this soap in my honest and unbiased opinion has the most beautiful bay rum scent I ever had, the tallow formula gives it such fantastic lather that has so much slickness, the menthol sensation is STRONG, and the postshave feeling is super duper. Thanks to the Prep my skin felt so soothed as well as moisturized, and the Frosted Bay Rum aftershave went on icy cold along with its gorgeous scent - because it’s witch hazel based there’s zero stinging or burning. Three glorious passes gave me a mega BBS shave that was lotsa fun!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Tht would be a funny A.S. name-Beer Aftershave.

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Google it.
    It's been done.

12. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette New LC / Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge
    RajonCajonBrushes / Maggards Synthetic
    Captain's Choice / 45th Parallel [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just heard that Blackland will stop making the Era razor because Mfg of the Era can not manufacture it any more because issues!

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday November 3rd 2022

Razor : Yaqi Telstar Zamak head with a modified Micromatic handle - Mfg 2022>, mid to upper mid range, really good finish with accurate blade feel on both sides. I find a steep angle approach(riding the bar) + short handle works with this razor very well. I can receive some stellar shaves with it.
    Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP (5) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Top 5 tier blades for myself.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla with tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Goblin" 24mm Husky knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Telstar with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

15. Thorsten69

Thorsten69 Well-Known Member

SotD
    Shavemac (Germany)- Shaving Brush
    Areffasoap (Ukraine) Time Dragon - Shaving Soap.
    New GreenCult 2.0 (Austria) with Base I from IV (0.45mm/0.05mm) - Safey Razor
    Astra Green (St. Petersburg) - Blade
    Areffasoap (Ukraine) Time Dragon - After Shave
    -
    Today the new GreenCult 2.0 with the Base I was allowed to start its service.

The software comes from the Ukraine and aroused my curiosity when I discovered it 2 weeks ago.

I like the artwork a lot.

The ingredients of the soap and aftershave speak for themselves and you quickly notice: Hello, everything is of high quality.
    About the shave: the soap smells nice. The aroma is reminiscent of sandalwood, leather, oud as well as flowers and bergamot. Very interesting is the hint of an animalistic leather scent, which is known from the tabac/leather scents from the 70/80. But this touch is very subtle.

Exciting. Incidentally, each soap comes with a small spoon, which makes it easier to portion the soap. As with any soap, you have to play with the water first. Too much and the soap becomes too thin, too little and you have a consistency like a Taylor shaving cream, which I didn't find so bad. After some time I had the perfect lather.

30 minutes elapsed between taking the pictures and shaving. After the shower, the shaving foam was still solid in the cup and hadn't dissolved or liquefied. A very positive aspect.
    As always, the soap was allowed to soften the hair on my face for 4-5 minutes. Here, too, the shaving foam remained stable, did not form any bubbles and did not dry off either.
    The new GreenCult 2.0 was allowed to work today with the mildest plate (I of IV).

Due to the weight of the safety razor, little or no pressure is required. The acoustic feedback from the safety razor included a slight crackle. The base plate I is quite mild, thorough, easy to guide, but after my 2 passes including a final water shave (cleaning out), it delivered a clean, smooth shave.

I had no skin irritation or blood spots. Nevertheless, a certain degree of care is also required here. You mustn't press it and you have to guide it lightly. Of course there were a few under my chin where I had to go 2/3 over with the water shave to get a clean brush.

Finally there was the aftershave. Here, too, the ingredients are convincing.
    I like the scent very much. It reminds a little of a mixture of Oputnia, Aventus paired with the Spanish leather/wood scents and the old leather scents from the 1970/80s. However, not as dominant and strong. The scent is easy to perceive, has lasted quite a long time so far, but, as I said, its notes unfold without you smelling them extremely.

I am very satisfied with the shave and can recommend the products without hesitation.
    -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stuartganis, poppi, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette British No 58 Razor Set
    Gillette Nacet Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Brush
    Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

I feel like a little baby having my GF watch me as I go to and from the bathroom after my back gave out and I fell on my ass. At least I can lean on the vanity if I have to........

Untitled.jpg

stuartganis, poppi, Ron R and 12 others like this.
  17. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thursday Shave

Lather: The Shave Den Lanolin soap Sensitive
    Brush: Rubberset
    Razor: Henson AL13 mild
    Blade: RK (2)

Second shave with the RK blade. Seemed comfortable enough during the shave, but the alum block highlighted irritation. This blade is going in the bin and I will try something else tomorrow.

20221103_093018~2_copy_1024x728.jpg

stuartganis, poppi, Ron R and 13 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here it is for Friday:

Brush-Jayaruh #59

all else-same as today.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    stuartganis, poppi, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That is some SWEEEEEEET lather, @Thorsten69

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Nov 3rd
    Schick G4 ‘66’ w Personna
    APShave GELousy / Resin & Maple
    SV Desert Vetiver SS
    Thayers
    Fine Fresh Vetiver AS
    5ADD6A7F-3269-4661-B378-222146371299.jpeg
    I seem to find myself grabbing the Supply when I want an Injector shave, but I was reminded this morning again that these Schick Injectors really are nimble, smooth & efficient little tools for sure. An awesome shave with great software as well.
    Have a great night all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.