SoS: November 7, 2016 - November 13, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

I am way behind so here's the last weeks shaves in a great glob...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure but I think this last set-up ('35 NEW DeLuxe 15mm and a Kai Stainless Steel blade) is the sharpest and closest rig I've ever shaved with
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary SE
    BSB-Ti | HMW (extra dense)
    Gillette Pre-war Tech | Feather Hi-Stainless (2)

[​IMG]

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is definitely a favorite.

4. PickledNorthern

Sunday, November 13

[​IMG]

I love Ben Franklin. Just an awesome, awesome scent. It is one of my favorite Sunday shaves.

Have a good week, everyone.

Demidog, clint64, alfredus and 13 others like this.
  5. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Merkur 1904 open comb razor
    generic DE blade
    Maggards 24mm marble handle synthetic brush
    Tabac soap
    Skin Bracer aftershave

Demidog, clint64, alfredus and 9 others like this.
  6. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Nice pic. Excellent use of filter.

Robyflexx, clint64, nikonNUT and 3 others like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

Thank you. I have been working at it. It's kind of baffling how much fun a guy can have with a stupid phone camera.

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

NOVember!!

November 13

Grand Blade Trial

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (6)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

Well one of the down sides to finishing less than DFS, like last night, is it shows up the next afternoon. I noticed at work today that I was a bit scruffy by mid afternoon. But, no worries, really. I was looking forward to opening the Slim up to 6 tonight and giving it a little extra to work with just adds to the effect.

The BoS was on deck tonight and I got the usual mountain of lather out of it with the Arko. The first pass was very noisy and wasn't as smooth as last night but....it wasn't rough either. Just that tactile feel of the blade working, and working well. Second pass, XTG, again noisier than last night but the feel was smooth and very nice and comfortable. By the time I got to ATG and Slide it was a great feeling shave with no issues or problems, and the finish is high-DFS. Great finish. Alum wasn't a problem so all in all it is a great shave.

I still don't think it's as sharp as some, but definitely not on the dull list either. A very nice shave tonight and I'm hoping it may improve a bit on 9 tomorrow night. Maybe this is one of those blades that thrives on high gap and exposure.

I like the images of the pyramids on the wrapper for the Asco blades, paying homage to their manufacturing home. Egypt, of course, is one of the cradles of early advanced civilization. So advanced, in fact, that we can trace our use of the most advanced technology today back to those same traditions!

[​IMG]

Demidog, Robyflexx, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  9. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff,

Nein, sie duftet nach Pinienwald. Trotzdem harmonieren die beiden sehr gut miteinander, da der Pinaud Bay Rum nicht der ganz "typische" Bay Rum Duft ist. Zumindest für meine Nase...;)

Gesendet mit meinem BlackBerry Passport

crackstar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.