SoS: October 17, 2016 - October 23, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaudioBP

ClaudioBP Well-Known Member

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 18, 2016
    Wolfman WR-01 OC + Ti with Hempel Ti
    Feather (1)
    Zenith B02 Boar
    Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    Witch Hazel
    Floid Blue

[​IMG]

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Tue. 10/18/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exquisite shave with the PAL Adjustable injector razor this morning. Sublime lather from La Toja shave stick. Three passes for an easy refreshing dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :happy005:

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD October 18, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: Satin Tip 'The Purest' synthetic
    Lather: Stirling Barbershop
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Barbershop aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Good shave today, but I've had better. I think the blade needs changing out. This was shave four on the Chick blade, which is a fairly small number of shaves for me with a Chick. But I'll change it out and hope tomorrow goes better. First pass reduction wasn't as good as usual and I had to do more touch-up to achieve my normal workday shave. But that's okay - there's always tomorrow! The Stirling products are top-notch.

Have a great day!

SOTD 10-18-16.JPG

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

SOTD October 18, 2016

Pre: Proraso white preshave cream
    Razor: Schick Type G
    Soap: Cella
    Brush: Vie Long
    Ju3.jpg

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Everest cream and a/s balm are from Russia with love - do they ever perform beautifully. The cream smells so nice, it lathers like a champ, and it has a nice cooling effect with a good post-shave feeling. The balm has that same lovely scent with even more menthol and it doubles as an eau de cologne. What a great shave I had! :happy088: :happy088:

alfredus, clint64, Jayaruh and 12 others like this.
  7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Fat Handle Tech
    Voskhod Blade
    Semogue BC Mistura
    CO Bigelow SC

Not a huge fan of the voskhod blades. I am not sure what happened, but I used to like them a bunch. Revisited and it is alright, but nothing special.

Not a bad shave overall.

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Today's shave
    Hot water wash with a washcloth
    Le Figaro
    Stirling Black Ice
    Clauss 107 6/8 full hollow square end.
    Customized by @HolyRollah
    Crusella&Co Kolonia
    Today's shave was nice. The black jelly bean and smoky sweet kolonia mixed well. Three passes with the 107, I'm ready to roll.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.
    Clauss_04_zpsa8j72g7f.jpeg pic courtesy of the razor remaker.

9. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

Beautiful photo, David!

clint64, ram57, Douglas Carey and 3 others like this.
  10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Kevin's pic, I borrowed it.

clint64, ram57, Douglas Carey and 3 others like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Tuesday, OCtober 18, 2016

Simpson '58
    Nuavia Blu
    Gillette New Deluxe with TRIAD Aristocrat Ti
    Personna 74 #15
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Tuesday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
    Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap-Woody Lavender
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
    Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (16)
    Brush: Thater Silvertip-26mmx55mm
    Aftershave: Anucci Sport

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

LASS Woody Lavender today. 20 seconds to load the Thater Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade still in the Red Tip. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Anucci Sport EdT.

Bob

[​IMG]

Monday's Shave

[​IMG]

13. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN OCtober 17th
    [​IMG]

Bigelo and Parkin Travel Razor
    Feather(2)
    Stirling 24mm Synthetic
    RazoRock XXX
    Crown King Scuttle
    Lime AS and Nivea Sensitive ASB

Good morning friends. Last night I tool the B&P travel razor out for its maiden voyage. This a a very awkward razor to use as there is no handle and you hold it by griping the tabs between your thumb and index finger. I found it difficult to stay on the cap with this razor and making E-W passes were very cumbersome. Another issue with using the razor was keeping the pressure down as it weighs next to nothing. It took a lot of focus but I was able to walk away from the shave without irritation or bloodletting. After 3 passes I ended with a nice DFS!

Second time using the RR XXX and it does make a very nice smelling lather that is cushiony and slick while it is on your face. But I notice there is practically no residual slickness left by the soap. I have yet to experience this from any of the other soaps that I use. Have you guys noticed this with any of the other RR tallow formula soaps ? On the plus side it rinses off very cleanly although a bit drying as well.

Have a great day my friends!

15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Kariya Park
    I used some products new to me for a quick one pass shave today. B&M Adagio is wonderful and just a little bit cooling. I took time to use no pressure with the slant and got better results today, though my neck is still a bit tender. The MenEssentials Cordite smells great, but I may have to pass it along to someone, since it made my face red - maybe there is some cinnamon in there. I'll try again before deciding. I don't known if it's actual cordite, but it is a manly cologne type scent.
    This was the 600th use of my HIS Lather Monster - truly an excellent brush and a great value. Even though my Bronze Shadow has exceeded it, I still like it and will use it for travel.
    The hotel bathroom had one of those razor disposal slots - can I assume the hotel was built in the 1960s?
    Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
    Soap: B&M Adagio
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: Maggard Slant on MRG handle
    Blade: Voskhod
    AS: MenEssentials Cordite
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs154:Nice write up Andrew, I'm sorry the razor doesn't work well but glad you are unscathed. :)

17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks buddy! Its is definitely a cool razor, but I think this one will be a show piece.

18. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

18 October 2016

* Weber DLC + UFO U2V1 Graphite Black
    * Iridium Super
    * Epsilon 2-Band + Doug Korn Rootbeer Translucent Taca
    * Mystic Water Lavender/Lime
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Oakmoss EO

[​IMG]

19. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    French NOS Pradat Brun Theirs FrameBack 6/8th (Freshly Honed)
    French Fitchard Pure Badger
    Valobra Tallow Soap
    Logona Mann Balm

I Had My Maiden Shave Today with My Mint French NOS Pradat Brun Theirs 6/8th Frame Back that Just Arrived from France..I have Been Waiting a Long Time for One to Show Up in this Kinda Nick..This SR Looks as if it was Made Yesterday..Factory Fresh & Never been Honed..I Honed Her Up on a Naniwa Super Stone progression...Never Honed a Frame Back before..Feels Weird on the Hone & the French Steel is Very Hard..It Took a Very Nice Edge..;)

I Have Heard it Said that these FrameBacks Offer Little Feedback & are Light..Well..This One is a Real Heavy Weight & it is the Loudest SR that I have in My Collection..At 1st it Felt Kinda Like a Wedge & then that's Where the Similarity Ends for Me..It has a Very Subtle Sweet Spot or Shaving Angle but that Sweet Spot when Bang On is Ever So Sweet..This Froggie FrameBack is One Darn Sweet Comfortable Shaver..:D

I Am Gob Smacked at the Condition of this SR & How Well it Performs..I have Nick Named it the "Magic Wand"..:love055:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Star Bakelite 3 piece razor
    Astra SP blade
    Shave Revolution Metaloid synthetic brush
    Colgate Cup Soap
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Skin Bracer A/S w/added menthol

I love Colgate Cup Soap!! This stuff works just so very well for me I almost can't stand it. The Star Bakelite worked well also. So, its' a fine shave and I"m ready to go. Now go enjoy your day folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.