SoS: October 2, 2017 - October 8, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Prismatic. Second go with the Tian Li Blue blades. Terribly dull. Complete fail going ATG on my head, simply not cutting, where the Tian Li in the dark blue pack do well. I finished with a Nacet, a breath of fresh air. I will stick with the other Tian Li.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Schick Type M Injector
    Schick blade
    Maggards marble handle synthetic brush
    Proraso Blue shaving cream
    Pinaud Clubman aftershave

3. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

I'm with you! On my rushed mornings I use preshave oil and canned Barbasol. The Extra Moisturizing is especially good. I rub it in good and thick and add a tiny bit of water for some added glide....wow!

4. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

10/7/17 Saturday

Razor: Personna Flex Head
    Blade: Gilltette TwinJector (13)
    Lather: Proraso Green
    Brush: VDH Badger
    Pre Shave: Homemade
    AS: Brut Splash On
    Mug: Hibco Shave Shoppe

I think, finally the twin blades gave up the ghost at 13 shaves. I`m still not bored, but I`m going to switch, just to save those great blades for later. They are really hard to find, and I think I`m going to need them more later on. Shaving with the Twinjector is a true pleasure. This morning was a 2 pass, WTG/ATG with light clean ups between passes. A really good cold water rinse and the a splash of Brut made for a near BBS shave. Happy Camper here wishing good shaves for all. God Bless.

Bill
    100_3957.JPG

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

OCtober fun
    Hot water wash with a washcloth
    EverReady 49-4/refitted with silvertip knot
    The Shave Den iced yin yan (bombed)
    Gillette Tuckaway g in d
    Astra ss (3)
    Lavender Florida Water
    Always nice to look your best, especially when you just don't have to. (Seems to make it just a me thing). Perfect shave, TSD lather just gets better n' better as the shave goes by. I love my little tuckaway, always delivers a great smooth result. Finished with lavender infused Florida Water, really mixes nice with yin yan.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better. 20171007_113404_resized.jpg

6. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Merkur Futur(3,2.5) & Derby Premium #5
    Deluxe Shave 30mm Silvertip
    Deluxe Shave Doo-Wop cream
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    Deluxe Shave Doo-Wop A/S Balm
    CK One Summer
    [​IMG]
    Late morning shave. 2 pass, no touch ups or buffing. Back to BBS with a clean, smooth and refreshed mug. This Deluxe shave cream and balm are pretty good performers. Subtle, but very nice fresh and citrusy scent. First outing for the brush, took in more soap and lather than expected. But, it's just breaking in. A few more shaves on it and it will shine. Have a great day Gents..... :happy069:

7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

OCtober 7th SOTD
    Gillette Old Type/Nacet
    TGN Synthetic
    B&M Seville
    Thayers
    Stirling Barbershop
    image.jpg

8. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

10/08/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Shampoo/Conditioning Puck
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
    Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Shave Soap
    RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Blackland Blackbird Open Comb Polished Razor with 85mm Handle
    Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 2nd Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Classic Sandalwood Aftershave Cologne with Alum
    Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Shave Balm
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Natural Deodorant

D IMG_7260.jpg

9. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Razor: Schick Hydro-Magic Injector
    Blade: Schick Injector (Chinese)
    Soap: Van Der Hagen Luxury
    Brush: Rubberset 103 (original knot)
    Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Cooling PSB

Basic cast of characters this morning, but the Hydro-Magic injector knocked it out of the park! I have a few DEs and Gem SEs that I really enjoy using, but every time I come back to my Schick injectors I'm rewarded with a cue-ball smooth finish with zero irritation. This morning was no exception.

The VDH Luxury whipped up nicely with the vintage Rubberset 103. This was the first soap I ever used and the scent always brings me back. Took me some experimenting to get the right combination of lather time, technique and water, but now I get a great results from the VDH soap.

The Nivea Sensitive Cooling PSB has just the right amount of menthol for a bit of a chill and produces great hydration and protection post-shave. All in all, an excellent start to the weekend!

20171007_112133.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Saturday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Arkadia
    Soap: Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice
    Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (Shave #8)
    Brush: Wild West Brushworks/Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx54mm
    Aftershave: Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice today. 20 seconds to load the Wild West/Elite Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Schick Plus Platinum still in the Gillette NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice aftershave.

Bob

[​IMG]

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - Saturday Morning

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend!

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

RAZOR: Matador Toro Mastiff Largo - gold; this is an EXCELLENT DE razor. Geometry is aggressive, you can really feel the blade - efficient.
    BLADE: Dorco ST300 - a decent blade. I prefer less aggressive blades in more aggressive razors. These blades hold their edge for many shaves.
    BRUSH: SheaMoisture Ultimate Shave Brush. Good black badger knot brush- a little too much loft for me and is a bit of a lather hog, but very soft.
    BOWL: Repurposed generic desert bowl, used to soak the Erasmic Stick & brush in HOT water.
    SOAP: Erasmic Shave Stick - this is my 4th go around with this soap.
    PRESHAVE: Bloom water from the Erasmic Stick soap - not near as slick as bloom water from Williams Mug soap.
    AFTERSHAVE: Murray & Lanman Florida Water Cologne
    BALM: NOPE
    Matador_SheaMoisture_Erasmic.jpg
    Still trying to dial in my technique with this shave stick. It is a waxy soap, and last time I had some irritation.
    This time, I presoaked the stick in HOT water to soften it up. I figured that I needed more product to build a better lather.
    Also, used my softest brush, the SheaMoisture Badger, to face lather with less scrubbing on my skin.

Used the bloom water as my pre-shave. Very little slickness from that. But the stick is soft enough to deposit a good amount of soap to my beard.
    The lather is much better this time, but requires much more work to build a nice thick coat. I get a much better face lather from Williams Mug.
    This brush is much softer on my face, and is holding enough lather to give multiple passes. No irritation, yet I sense a bit of a tingle on my cheeks.
    I love the scent of this soap, though I think it has gotten weaker since my first time using this stick. So far so good.

The Matador razor is my most aggressive DE razor. It performs well. Full BBS in 3 passes. Just one weeper on the chin.
    By the third pass, I am definitely feeling some razor burn on my cheeks, amplified by the astringent feel of the Erasmic soap.
    This soap gives my face a very clean, almost antiseptic feel after the rinse. Almost like I had used an alum bar or a styptic pencil.
    My cheeks are definitely flushed red. And the weeper stopped weeping by the time I rinsed.

The Murray & Lanman Florida Water splash brought in a good burn that settled down quickly to a soothing coolness.
    Left my face feeling extremely clean, smooth, and sterilized. The redness on my cheeks subsided within seconds.

I really liked this shave. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Erasmic Shave stick. It was definitely the weakest link in this shave.
    It takes more effort than necessary to lather, and I suspect my skin is a bit sensitive to something in the formula.
    Yet, the end result is a refreshing, very fine BBS shave.
    Life is good!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    sdguero, Bobcat, Primotenore and 19 others like this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My sotd

IMG_8193.jpg

Razor - Timeless .68mm
    Blade - voshkod (2)
    Brush - fuller reknot
    Soap - Jeeves - Apothecary
    Post - lavender witch hazel
    A/s - lime sec

A fantastic shave today. I waited a couple of days so I can shave with this razor. After receiving it this morning, I cleaned it and loaded with a voshkod . Now I have the .95mm head and I have to say this is waaay smoother and just right as far as aggressiveness . I still have to get use to the weight of the stainless steel razors. But damn I love the feel of the dimple handle in my hand. Overall I did over shave a little bit, but this is great !

sdguero, Bobcat, Primotenore and 19 others like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Beautiful, I didn't know the Mastiff came in gold. I have the cheap Boss Razor version and it's one of my favorites.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

15. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

THANKS for the compliment. I really like this DE razor. I got it on clearance a few years ago - always a sucker for a good deal.
    I guess it is kind of pretty, and the gold tone is holding up better than I expected.
    CHEERS!
    :eatdrink047:

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Chris - is that a Fatip OC? Guessing the Grande handle, rather than the more often seen Piccolo type.

clint64, Douglas Carey and Yehuda D like this.
  17. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

Friday AM Shower & Shave of the Day

Quality shave all-round.

Bath Soap - Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber
    Razor - 1961 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed
    Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless
    Brush - Stirling 24mm Boar
    Soap - Stirling Mountain Man
    Aftershave - Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender

[​IMG]

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes, indeed!

clint64, RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday's shave plans:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 7
    Stirling Black Ice SS
    Gold Bond Moisturizer
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Obsession For Men EdT

Back to Stirling and back to menthol!

sdguero, Bobcat, Primotenore and 14 others like this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ming Shi 2000s Razor
    Perma - Sharp Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Tabac After Shave
    Tabac Eau De Cologne

Used a couple of items I've never used before for today's shave. The Perma - Sharp blade performed great in the Ming Shi razor, and the Tabac soap gave me a really thick and luxurious lather. Definitely something to have stocked up. In two passes with some touch up, I got a very smooth and comfortable BBS shave.

2017-10-07 14.55.50_preview.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.