SOS: October 2020

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Sep 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great color combination.

clint64 and celestino like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Doug!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 27th October
    Anbbas Tux - Haslinger Honig - Wabbit V2.1 - Schick Proline B#2 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    A recent addition to my collection. My very own Wabbit, printed by my son. It has the modified head which can take the round magnets readily available here in the UK.
    The shave with the Proline blade was superbly smooth and close.

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks good!

clint64 and dvdhviid like this.
  5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Doug!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Vergognati! :angry019:

clint64, brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good setup and photo Gary.

clint64 and brit like this.
  8. AlfredoT

Cheer up!
    I have the same feelings toward the sun and it seems unwilling to leave these lands!
    Should we swap? :D

9. AlfredoT

2020-10-27, Tuesday

On an overly bright October day at its end, I reflect on the speed this month has passed with and what has characterized it.

And I feel very proud of being Italian, considering how much I have worked hard for be born in Italy.
    Of course, the bureaucratic paperwork I had to go through in order to do it and the fact that I received the guarantee that I could be born in Finland "as per my request" should have put me on notice and hold me back from pointing out the error and having it corrected.

Now I know reindeers don't lay eggs and I am a glutton for them, so maybe I did the right thing after all.

Even today alternating light and gray created problems for me on the choice of soap.
    Yesterday I used a very good and neglected soap, today a very good one and a little more widespread.
    It lost much of its almond scent, but the one left was pleasant and not chemical.

The lathering capabilities of the Albionic brush made it load in very few turns and the foam was really excellent.
    An inadvertent shaving in which the mildness of razor and blade played a decisive role.

A shave without history, but very pleasant and I will not spoil it with pompous statements that is possible to obtain an excellent shave with products with a really low cost.
    And I would be as credible as a politician under election: I like scents too much!

[​IMG]

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
    Sapone: Saponeria Artigiana, Sapone vegetale alla mandorla
    Pennello: R.A. Rooney & Sons Ltd., Style 3, 22 mm
    Rasoio: Gillette, Super Speed ’40 Style, 1961
    Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
    AS: Farmacia Vaticana, Balsamo
    EdT: Alfred Dunhill, Dunhill for Men
    ST: Dave Brubeck, The Essential

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 26th, 2020

Razor:Gem Micromatic open comb- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range. More than likely saved the company through the dirty 30's.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, nicely smooths out & predictable.
    Soap:Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent with excellent lather qualities- nice heavy glass container.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice tuxedo knot 26 mm- excellent lather creator with those cloud like soft tips & some back bone.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on clean beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC and Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, OCt 27th 2020

Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D Printed- Mfg 2019> excellent razor, took a few shaves to dial it in, light weight & Designed in USA.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable life expectancy.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot, 24 mm syn- Sagrada Familia named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain, I visited the marvel.
    Pre shave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + Pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with @twhite TNNSER 3D printed razor & Gem Coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

12. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. I'm hoping to get a V3 printed soon (the one with the Enders shape handle)

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Well done Alfredo.

clint64, dvdhviid and AlfredoT like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good setup and photo.

clint64 likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

:signs154: interesting, some mornings That is exactly what I have to do!

clint64, ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture of fine shaving gear Guy.

clint64 and ram57 like this.
  17. AlfredoT

Thank you, Doug! :)

18. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

OCtober 27th SOTD
    Gillette NEW LC w PermaSharp (1)
    Omega Pro/Poculi
    Mike's Orange, Cedar & Black Pepper
    Thayers
    CL Bon Vivant AS
    IMG_5722.jpg
    Have a great day all!

19. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you gentlemen!!

Ron R, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Excellent shave setup Doug. Haven't seen that Starry Night bowl B4, nice looking bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.