SoS: October 3, 2016 - October 9, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes, samples would be good. And I'm in with the M team in Michigan. As for favorite aftershaves, no changes from my previous list-for now(Clubman, Aqua Velva regular and Musk, Mennen SB). I'm still experimenting for a fuller list. Need to try some more Stirlings, that London Barbershop(Maggards), that "cowboy" one from CF(forgot the name), and hope to get the Russian Leather from TSD(if the store is still open-I'm sure closing time is "closing in").

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Menthol Monday
    Hot water wash with nivea mens face wash and a washcloth
    Brothers Bristles/ ace black badger
    Catie's Bubbles Mile High Menthol
    Gilette single ring (17)
    Astra sp (3)
    Alcholada Glacial

20161003_093310_resized.jpg
    Today's shave was nice. Nice menthol from mhm. Three passes with the single ring, felt so delicate. The razor felt small yo me, but did get the job done. Finished with glacial. Great cold fun.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.

3. Paul Turner

Monday's Shower

bodywash-Nivea 4 Men ENERGY
    deodorant soap-Coast(CLASSIC SCENT)**
    shampoo-Dove Care + 4 Men (COMPLETE CARE w/caffeine)
    deodorant(post shave)Mennen Speed-Stick Regular

**and that's what it is :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  4. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

3 October 2016

* Timeless Scalloped 68 + Stork Aristocrat 1 Titanium

* Iridium Super
    * WSP Original 2-Band + Oscar11 Rootbeer Translucent C7
    * Sapone Di Paolo Agrume
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Thiers-Issard Dandy
    Omega Synthetic "Boar" Brush
    Calani Cadre Noir Shaving Soap
    Proraso Pre Shave

DSCF4853.jpg

6. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
    Pre shave - Prep
    Razor – Hone 15
    Blade – Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
    Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
    Soap – Phoenix and Beau Denali
    Post - Witch Hazel

the Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless was close, a lot smoother than the Sharp Edge, but not quite smooth enough...

7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Route 66 Sweeney Todd Soap
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Giesen and Forsthoff Adoration Razor
    Thayers WH
    Ogallala Bay Rum
    Have fun![​IMG]

8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD OCtober 3rd
    [​IMG]

Cooper MonoBilt
    Voskhod
    Satin Tip The Purest
    Blades Grim Smolder soap and AS

Good morning friends. This morning I was reminded why the MonoBilt was one of my favorite shavers. I decided to bowl lather this morning so that I could bask in the luxury of consistently creamy lather for all the passes. Also this was the first time trying the Voskhod, it felt a little rough for the first stroke on each side of the blade but after that it was buttery smooth and impressively sharp. I did my normal 3 passes and afterward the alum was dead silent and I caught the baby to boot. Have a great morning my friends!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

9. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Monday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This morning's shave was superb!
    Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
    Blade: GSB
    Brush: Stirling 24mm Finest
    Lather: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny

10. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Oct. 3/2016 Monday

Razor: Hibco altered for a 1/2 DE Blade
    Blade: Rapira(2)
    Lather: Nivea Gel
    A/S: Gillette Gel/Brut
    Newspaper Date: July 18.1945

A simple, easy 2 pass shave, WTG - ATG/XTG and a detailed clean up, resulting in a BBS + shave. Wishing the same for all concerned. Oct, 3-2016  Monday 001.JPG Oct, 3-2016  Monday 003.JPG

Bill

11. Paul Turner

Now that I began using shave soap, I'm into the "2-pass" routine, too.

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Monday, October 3
    IMG_8809.jpg
    Old Spice/Simpsons Cream~~SOC Boar~~'55 Red Tip~~Feather (4) OS Burley (last minute substitution)
    Have a great day!

13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you Joseph! In the gym by 5AM. :)

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 3 October 2016
    Menthol Monday Edition

[​IMG]

Fatip Grande
    Gillette Silver Blue
    L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
    Proraso Green
    Alum
    Osage Rub

Have a great afternoon!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SOTD: Vintage Solingen-made Böhler-Stahl 'Star of David' 5/8" round-point razor; Italian-made Omega 'Crema da Barba' & #11137 boar; with a Musgo Real No.3 'Spiced Citrus' aftershave. Lovely, relaxed Monday morn shave…
    [​IMG]

16. DabblinRazors

DabblinRazors Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL!

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Bobcat like this.
  17. Tras Krom

Tras Krom Well-Known Member

Mongoose b3 Stork advoco titanium
    B&M Le grand chypre
    B&M Le grand chypre AS

[​IMG]

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober-een!

October 3

Grand Blade Trials

Razor - 1961 (H1) Gillette Slim (2)
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum, The Veg

Welcome back to the Grand Blade Trials, OCtober edition. Moving onward and forward with the next to last Israeli blade, the Viking's Sword. Still a Personna blade and from the name I figure it's either aimed at the Scandinavian market, or else those of us who are fans of the show Vikings. Anyway.

While several of the Israelis feature Platinum coating, or are just listed as stainless, this one lists a Polymer coating. Not sure exactly what that would be, though we do find this definition......A polymer (/ˈpɒlᵻmər/; Greek poly-, "many" + -mer, "parts") is a large molecule, or macromolecule, composed of many repeated subunits. Because of their broad range of properties, both synthetic and natural polymers play an essential and ubiquitous role in everyday life.

Clear? Good. Ok, simplified down it's just a coating probably like plastic, but can be many things. Designed to provide smooth feel no doubt. Oh the things we learn in the 30 DC whether we want to or not.

Semogue and Arko for more lather than we all needed this morning and the first pass was, well, meh. Now, I'm on 2 on the Slim so wondering if it will work with this blade and the immediate answer is yes, just in the fact it did provide reduction, though nothing spectacular. The feel was not the smoothest but wasn't horrid either. Second pass, XTG more of the same and the final ATG and Slide pass pushed the shave to barely DFS status. Alum was quiet except around my goatee where I put in a few extra strokes to clean up but the after-shave feel is a bit irritated. The Veg did provide a burn so perhaps that's what I'm feeling here.

I'm thinking this blade would be a candidate for the extra "3" pass so that's what I'll do tomorrow. See if opening it up that .002 inches will provide a significantly better finish.

Another day closer to two major events. The first being my birthday (a national holiday nowhere) and, of course, Samhain (Halloween to the masses). As a public service, here's another potential Russian themed costume for any parties you have that night.

[​IMG]
    I know, I know, kind of lame, but if you'll BEAR with me they'll get better.

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs154: Can your FatBoy looks in beautiful shape! :love055:

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For Tuesday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 2
    Palmolive Menthol S/C :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger A/S Cream :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

Ready to go! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg Palmolive_Menthol_Shaving_Cream_Tube__57174_1374151550_1200_1200.jpg ltdisappearingcream_grande.jpg 51D5VlHQD3L.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.