SoS: September 1, 2014 - September 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Prep: Warm shower, Cetaphil Lotion
    Razor: Schick Injector Adjustable M2
    Blade: Personna (2)
    Lather: Proraso Red Cream
    Brush: Oscar11 w/ Omega 20248 Knot
    Aftershave: Barbasol Pacific Rush

I waited to shave late today and had a very relaxing, slow shave. This was my second shave with my Schick Adjustable. I shaved on 5 yesterday and found it a little too mild. I bumped it up to 6 today and got a near perfect shave. I'm very happy with this razor. I'm still getting used to the shape of the handle. I'm not real sure if I like the shape, but if it keeps shaving like this, I don't care how it is shaped.

Have a great evening!

2. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

SOTD September 7, 2014

Prep: Hot shower and Neutrogena Face Wash.

Razor: 1957 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip (C2)

Blade: Feather!

Lather: Unikbaby's Bay Rum hand-made soap (bought from eBay)

Brush: Van Der Hagen badger

Post: Cold water; Razorock Alum Block; C.O. Bigelow Dr. Galen Herbal Witch Hazel Skin Tonic No. 010

After: Decided to try something different since my wife has said she has disliked the traditional scents I've tried this far (namely, Clubman Pinaud, Master Bay Rum, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue). So I did some sniffing (literally) around the cabinet with colognes and perfumes in our master bathroom, and found a scent I liked. And taking a cue from the forum topic I started (http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?threads/Manly-but-floral?.40125/), I chose the White Citrus Eau du Cologne from Bath and Body Works. I took about 1 oz. of the unscented Clear Head by Head Blade after shave treatment and added about 7-8 spritzes of the White Citrus EdC, mixed it all together, checked it to make sure I approved, and splashed it on. Turns out it seems to be a hit with my wife!

So... Lesson learned: maybe some scents are *not* gender-specific after all! Thanks to Queen of Blades et al for the inspiration!

Also, I decided to give a Feather blade a try in my vintage '57 SS Flare Tip. While I liked the Astra, and really enjoyed the Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows, I think I'm in love with the Feather! Best and closest shave yet. I seriously can't believe I thought the Head Blade gave a "close shave" just a few weeks ago. Looks like I'm going to have to buy some more of these blades.

Maybe my technique has improved since I started, but it has almost seemed in my progression from MTO-->Weishi-->vintage Gillette razors, and from Dorco-->Yellow-->Feather blades that my shaves have gotten better almost every time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410141289.328654.jpg

3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I'm with you, it took me awhile to even try the Feather blades. Now that's all I use. Just received 100 from Amazon. Ships from Thailand, and takes 3 weeks.

crackstar and Shotwell like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Sunday Night Shave

Pre: Noxzema
    Soap: Razorock Green Tea
    Brush: Omega 10049
    Razor: Gem G-Bar
    Blade: Gem SS
    After: Pinaud Clubman

I haven't shaved since Thursday so used Noxzema to help things along. A very comfortable and nice shave.

Ryan B, RaZorBurn123, TSimons and 9 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

A gentleman doesn't post that part of the picture....Even if she was his wife....};^)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  6. Bird Lives

Here's Looking At You Kid....

GDCarrington, crackstar and Stroker like this.
  7. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

fedora.jpg

CLASSIC! :happy096:

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

@GDCarrington: Thank you. Then i will post pics here and in the thread you mentioned. It will be my pleasure. :)

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  9. Shotwell

What's the Noxzema do?

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

11. Mr. Shaverman

It's just a preshave. I usually don't use one, but when I go a few days between shaves it's good to work into the stubble to soften it and slicken it up. I just slather it in to the beard, then put the cream on top of it.

Noxzema and Pond's Cold Cream are both really similar to Proraso Preshave and about 1/3 the price for 3x as much.

Norseman, Omelmad and Shotwell like this.
  12. Shotwell

Well then, I'll have to dig out the little tub of Noxzema then for tomorrow's shave! I'd relegated it to the drawer...
    Hadn't realized it still had it's uses. :)

Omelmad and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  13. Mr. Shaverman

Try it, it works pretty good.

14. Bird Lives

Monday's Shave
    Williams Mug Soap
    Omega 10029
    GEM Clog-pruf/GEM Blue Blade d2
    Safeway/Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    A dap of Vaseline Intensive Rescue rubbed between hands and then palms filled with
    Ice Blue Aqua Velva and splash....then a healthy Aqua Velva Musk splash....and I feel and smell great...
    But a couple hours later there is no scent so a splash of AV Musk and Pinaud Clubman will be in order...that combo seems to last...

GDCarrington and Norseman like this.