SoS: September 19-25 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by rodd, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Johnny you take some nice shots, especially for a cell phone. ;)

2. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Thanks. I usually take 10 shots and delete 9 of them. No flash, cheap phone, non-steady hand, it's a challenge.

3. newb

newb Resident Newb

Johnny, the camera is the least important aspect of taking decent pictures. Your pictures are pretty good. Keep practicing and play with the lighting , angles and distance. Some of my best pictures have come from a cheap Samsung cell phone.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  4. Sodapopjones

I totally know what you mean, I would take a gaggle of photo's just to get one decent one because my camera didn't want to either: focus *no macro mode* or I had to reset each and every setting for every shot auto mode would push up the ISO to high , much like an SLR without the actual SLR picture quality.

The only good that came from it was understanding ISO, Metering, and reading the Histogram for EV compensation.

5. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

I'm next. My ex has it is no longer a good excuse...gotta get a small camera soon.

6. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Sunday 25 September 2011

This was a morning shave, but I didn't have time to post earlier

Starbucks Italian Roast, Black
    Proraso preshave balm
    Mama Bear's Awakening's, Stick
    Gillette Milord, w/ Rapira Platinum Lux (D1-first ever use)
    Berkley 46, face lather
    Alcolado Glacial-Proraso ASB

This was another great shave, possibly my best ever. Just missed BBS by a little bit. This was my first use of the Rapira Platinum Lux and it was very nice, sharp and smooth. I'll see how performs during the week. All around great shave, smooth and chilly.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  7. Sodapopjones

Rapira's *doesn't seem to matter which one really* are pretty good for the money.

8. newb

newb Resident Newb

Aaron those are priceless photography lessons. I finally have some higher end digital equipment. I still take ton's of pictures to come up with an average shot. I usually take 20 or more pictures to get one that's average for my SOTD. Like they say, it's not the camera it's the eye of the photographer. My Camera's ability is being held back by my photographic skills.:(

9. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

My Sunday shave. Another good shave day

Lord L6 Razor
    Astra Superior Platinum Blade, Day 2
    VDH Boar Brush
    TSD Preshave Balm
    TSD Rootbeer Soap
    TSD Alum Block
    Generic Witch Hazel
    Old Spice Classic Aftershave

Another excellent shave

Used more of the sample of the Preshave balm I got from the TSD store. That woman is EVIL! She knew I would be forced to order more in my next order once I tried it! :biggrin:

The Rootbeer soap is excellent, like every other TSD soap I've used so far. It's a lighter scent than some, but I absolutely love it! I swear some day I'm going to grow a sassafras tree in my yard so I can go smell that scent anytime I want!!! (The whole tree smells like root beer)

Enjoyed using the Alum block again, finding it eases the burn of the final aftershave in the spots I messed up.

I wish the Old Spice Classic Aftershave, was the actual Classic Old Spice. It smells good to me, but it's not the same.

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Shave Of The Day ~ September 25th

• TSD Iced SubZero Preshave Balm
    • Hot Shower
    • E.J. Badger Brush
    • TSD Wheat Cream ~ 2X Iced Sea Buckthorn Scent ~ :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    • Clix Razor
    • SuperMax Blade ~ Day 1
    • Thayer's Witch Hazel/Osage Rub Blend
    • TSD Aftershave Splash ~ 2X Iced Sea Buckthorn ~ :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Was planning on taking a day off from shaving since my neck was a little sore from the shave yesterday, but I just couldn't wait to use the new Sea Buckthorn scent again, so I loaded up my extra gentle Clix and satisfied my shave crave for today. :)

Queen of Blades and BabyGirl like this.