SOS: September 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

This a.m.
    Cool sink of water
    face wash
    hot soak of mug and brush
    williams soap w/a splash of sandalwood cologne on top
    Dollar tree razor w/dollar tree blade on it's 3rd use
    3 passes wtg,e-w,atg
    cool water rinse
    a shower
    Woody's a/s with a squirt and a half of OneManShow oud edition.massaged into face,beard and hair.
    then off to church..
    I think the assured razor blade that came with the razor is on it's last leg,it was grabby on both sides of my face when I started on each side.

MR41, jimjo1031, Bobcat and 20 others like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday
    SEptember 3, 2018

Blackland Sabre L2
    GEM PTFE
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Savonniere Du Bon Berger Mint Rosemary
    Sterling Soap Co. Lemon Chill Aftershave
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

[​IMG]

MR41, jimjo1031, PLAla and 22 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 3, 2018
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro
    SOC Mistura Taj
    AOS Ocean Kelp Shave Cream
    Dominica Grand Bay, Bay Rum

[​IMG]

MR41, jimjo1031, PLAla and 23 others like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Todays shave was with a Commemorative Razor, from the 1890's. I had a very nice and smooth 2 pass shave, that left me BBS. Zero issues. Great razor, as expected, from Boker.

Razor- H.Boker. Germany. "American Line, SS. St.Louis".
    Brush- RazoRock 400 with WD High Mountain Badger knot.
    Soap- Arko/Sandalwood scented
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice. Ships Cannon Decanter.

Interesting read about the ship:
    SS St. Louis, was a transatlantic passenger liner built by the William Cramp & Sons Building & Engine Company, Philadelphia and was launched on 12 November 1894; sponsored by Mrs. Grover Cleveland, wife of the President of the United States; and entered merchant service in 1895, under United States registry for the International Navigation Co., of New York City with her maiden voyage between New York and Southampton, England. She was acquired by the United States Navy during the Spanish–American War and commissioned under the name USS St. Louis in 1898, and again during World War I under the name USS Louisville (ID-1644) from 1918 to 1919.[Note 1]After she reverted to her original name in 1919, she burned in 1920 while undergoing a refit. She was scrapped in 1924 in Genoa.

P9020477.JPG

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Beautiful picture Clint. SOC Taj: check; Bay Rum: check. Wait a second, I don't recall enabling the Cobra Classic...

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joseph. Your enabling has been spot on thus far. I have had the Cobra Classic for a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla, Primotenore, Boru62 and 2 others like this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: Johnson Cast Steel out of Sheffield
    Brush: Envy Shaves Luxury Silvertip in a WD Goblet
    Soap: MWF
    A/S: CRSW Spring Limited
    She ain’t pretty, and she didn’t make it easy, but a very rewarding restoration and shave. Totally worth the $3. :)
    B1404942-4013-4303-9FD1-A3AD57102602.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave!
    Tom

MR41, jimjo1031, PLAla and 20 others like this.
  8. picturerock

picturerock Well-Known Member

Sunday afternoon shave.

The tool list begins with a Moon and Stars two band badger brush, then a tub of Tcheon Fung Sing Kathmandu soap, a Parker 22R razor loaded with a spanking new Rockwell blade, and finally some B&M Le Grand Chypre aftershave.

The soap is weird. It's Italian made, by a small family firm (in spite of the name), and the scent is fine, sort of floral, but hard to describe. Said to come from African geranium and incense, that's sort of what I'm getting. Unique. Lather and slick were fine.

The Le Grand Chypre aftershave is classically good Barrister and Mann, and it complements the soap very well, but with a stronger scent: citrus, but with a strong, rich base of vanilla/frankincense. Quite complex. The LT gave it to me for my birthday, and it was a very good gift indeed!

That new Rockwell blade took off all the high spots on my face. The two straight razor shaves before this one were virtually bloodless, yet the "safety" razor kept me dabbing at my neck. The other side of that coin is that the shave was dolphin smooth most everywhere. Give some here, take some there.

I think I'm doing this one again in a day or two, but with a straight razor, to see how that comes out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    MR41, jimjo1031, PLAla and 21 others like this.
  9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 03 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory Beehive 30/55mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Reserve Cool
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
    Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
    Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

CRSW El Caballero Soap
    Elk Antler Badger Brush
    Brian Brown Razor Works Razor
    Lucky Tiger
    Ogallala Bay Rum After Shave
    Have a blessed Sunday![​IMG]

11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: King Cobra\Triad
    Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D8)
    Brush: Semogue 2040 HD
    Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
    Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
    Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Aether M-Bombed
    Aftershave: HTGAM Al-Fin

12. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Labor Day Shave!

13. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Maggard Razor MRT V3A Head / Derby Premium / Olivina Mens Ivory Badger Brush /Mickey Lee Soapworks Souq
    [​IMG]

14. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Gorgeous Chris!

PLAla and clint64 like this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Very ellegant poetry, you make this accord sound like a master symphony!

PLAla, clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

Is this a hobby soap or is this available to the public? Havent heard of this one before, the label looks pretty cool.

PLAla and clint64 like this.
  17. SHAVEWIZARD420

Almost thought that was a huge shave stick with a handle lol.

PLAla, clint64 and Edison Carter like this.
  18. SHAVEWIZARD420

RECENT SHAVES
    20180829_114856.jpg

The British Leather is the older formula, but the lather from this soap is excellent with creamy consistancy. Despite the lather quality it was no match for this shave. I believe the blade does not work well in this razor, since i switched it to a different razor there has been no problems. Lots of nicks and let the den with a bright red face that itched the rest of the day, something that hasn't happened in a lon time.

20180830_084130.jpg

Haymarket Vetiver is my favorite scent from Shannon's thus far. Complex and not your typical vetiver scent, has some citrus notes and other things that make it unique. Lather was similar to the Stirling but perhaps a bit more cushion. Did manage to reopen a nick from the day before, but other than that this was a decent shave. The matching aftershave felt soothing and kept that great scent going a little bit longer.

20180831_090855.jpg

Cooper & French soaps have worked out amazingly well in this water that is on the hard side, completely unaffected and has worked better over here than pretty much any other soap, which is really saying a lot. amazing sweet scent and crazy thick lather. Shave was marvelous and refreshing.

20180901_114548.jpg

Went with Leviathan for yesterdays shave. The cooler weather has brought out a craving for warmer dark autumn type scents, Leviathan being coffee and sandalwood fulfilled this appetite perfectly. B&M soaps have always been hit or miss with me and luckily this shave went well. the matching EDT has good longevity and would recommend it if you like the scent of Leviathan without thinking twice.

20180902_105315.jpg

Passionatly Natural is a artisan that you don't hear mention of a lot on the fourms, which makes it a bit of a hidden gem IMO. Scent is a mix of eucalyptus and lime that smells fresh bright and (of course) natural. Performance has been quite good from the 3 samples i have tried (other 2 being Frozen Earth and Root Beer) and a decent soap base IMO. Did manage to get a little irritation which could have been operator error, but the Dr. Jon's All Purpous oil soothed things down a bit and has a natural kind of scent that paired beautifully with the soap of choice. Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying life to the fullest!

19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SEptember 2nd SOTD
    Gem MMOC w Gem Stainless
    Stirling Bay Rum
    WD HM Badger / Cypress
    Thayers
    Clubman
    C331B554-8AA6-4EDE-B164-A8645A2C271B.jpeg

20. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
    Razor: Guerrilla
    Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
    Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
    Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
    Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.