SOS September 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

SEptember 25th SOTD

Well, my Tuesday shave was bumped to today... No matter. It was very pleasing thanks to the wonderful as usual Tabac and the TNNSER 3D. A comfortable shave that ended with some slight tugging. Last shave with this blade I'm afraid - good thing there's many more waiting. Enjoy your Thursdays all.

Josh

[​IMG]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's the Throwback Thursday plan:

prep-Nivea 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Gillette Foamy Menthol (1949-I believe)
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue(1917)

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The shaving cream looks great for a future Throwback Thursday......if I get it.

brit and clint64 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 26, 2019
    OneBlade Genesis
    Modified Gem PTFE
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Grooming Dept Fortis Unscented Test Soap
    Myrsol Antesol
    Guerlain Habit Rouge

[​IMG]

5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Catie's Bubbles | Vintage for S.E.R.F.
    Ever-Ready 100T | Elite Razor Manchurian
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

6. brit

brit in a box

they are nice..one go so far..did the job..

clint64 and BlueShaver like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

clint64 and BlueShaver like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

stunning..:drool:

clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

fantastics shaves ,set ups and pics everyone..

clint64 and ilts like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

12. brit

brit in a box

thursday shave
    brit new rfb
    gillette winner
    razorock barrel 24 finest badger
    razorock xxx soap
    razorock xxx splash
    20190925_181221_edited.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stirling SEptember!!!

September 25

Razor - Schick Type M Injector
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Stirling Fair Debonaire St. Louis
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

Second day on the Type M and I chose the LE Stirling Fair Debonaire from St. Louis last summer. It's now better known as Haverford, but since I have the LE version I just had to show it off again. Three passes to a very fine BBS and all's well in the shave department. I've decided I have a bit of an upper respiratory infection that has set in but it's nothing major. I'm back to my duties at the command center here at Cartel HQ so the boys will be dispatched to deal with all you troublemakers before you know it. Some great shaves going on out there! Have a great Thursday!

[​IMG]

14. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

26 September 2019

* Charcoal Goods Level 3 OC + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Rootbeer Translucent C7
    * Mystic Water Marrakesh
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

15. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Using @brit to help with the scent of choice for the evening...
    Razor: F. Herder 14
    Brush: Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip
    Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Parma Inspiration
    A/S: Razorock XXX
    3E44F39B-704C-4B5D-A91A-4BC7B192714E.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

16. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

THURSDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Olivier Creed
    [​IMG]

Shampoo - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    Bath Soap - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    [​IMG]
    Razor - DaveOcean33 "Atlas"
    Blade - [​IMG] *3rd Shave
    Shave Brush - Gentleman's Hangar Synthetic
    Shave Stand by Robert Evans on Etsy. Must request custom project to order.
    Shave Soap - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Aftershave - Country Club for Men "1837"
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Mysterium Serum
    Deodorant - HeartJCreations "Eau Royale" (*custom scent not available)
    Fragrance - Creed Royal Water

Finally put together a fully scent-matching shaving set for this one. Although the previous set is still going to get use because it smells great too, but this is my favorite summer scent and I just wanted every item to match the actual intended scent. The knockoff custom products are really good scent-matches for Royal Water. After today, I will likely not be using this, if at all, until the Spring. I just wanted to use this in the final few weeks of warm weather.

***EDIT - 1 pass + clean up. The shave went incredibly well. The soap lathered up well and just as always, as long as the water is precisely dialed in and my pre-shave oil is used then the shave comes out perfect. I also used PAA Chill Mill for a "cooling" shave. A menthol shave with this scent really goes great. BBS results. The razor really wiped out the stubble with minimal effort. I didn't have to do much work at all to get what I wanted. The lather was good and I wanted to have an excuse to use it more so I shaved the back of my neck too. The Dave Ocean 33 razor, while it took time to get used to 3 years ago, it is a great shaver. Too bad the build quality is poor and it has some fading gold spots. I am considering buying the original razor that it's a knock-off of in the hopes of better build quality and similar angle. But what if it doesn't shave as good as this old razor? Something to think about.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling Straight Single edge September rolls on with another PiacenzDay Wednesday.

Stirling Piacenza soap thoroughly blessed by the Great Blue Ming.
    Whipped into a frenzy with the Stirling Tuxedo (what an awesome brush for $13)
    2nd shave after coming into its own on the convex Belgian Coticule, the Chinese ZY Wonkmaster.
    Piacenza Aftershave.

Piacenza bath soap, shampoo bar, deodorant, and EdT couldn't hang for the photoshoot but send their regards.

[​IMG]

18. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D

19. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date:- 26 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Monte Carlo
    Razor/Blade:- EJ3ONE6 / German Wilkinson Sword #1
    Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
    Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

20. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Working Class

Razor: Gillette FBT
    Blades: Gillette Yellows (#5)
    Soap: Palmolive Classic Cream
    Brush: Vulfix V5 Boar

[​IMG]

Synergy. A word i don't read too often with regards to shaving but one which i am becoming more and more aware of. My 30DR was always knocking on the door of disaster because the synergy of my kit was terrible. A hard puck with a soft brush and a mild razor with a mild blade was just a poorly matched mess and was a big lesson in synergy. The consequence of this (and this is learned behaviour, not something i am doing consciously) is that i a find myslef trying to blend and match my shaving gear to fit the blade and razor of the day. My GFBT is mild and i have been reaching for soaps which are not all cushion and do not get in the way of the blade. Likewise, where these are creams, i have been using brushes better suited to the task. Bowl lathering? Pick a brush with a long handle. Face lathering? Short handles and no scritch please. I am reminded of my sojourns into HI-FI where synergy is very important. You can't just mash bits together and expect it all to gel. Cheap, synergistic systems can sound far better than expensive mis-matched gear.

This shave then, has great synergy. The razor suits the blade and the blade suits me. The blade is not so sharp that it is prone to weepers or irritation, but sharp enough to get through my course stubble. The less aggressive GFBT suits my soft skin whilst holding the blade so rigid that chatter is nr zero. (These English razors really sing). The cream complements the razor and doesn't get in its way, allowing you to get to the (admittedly tight) shaving angle. The brush is a great little brush for face lathering and for creams. It holds the water well which the creams like, it has a nice short handle for control on the face and its a broken in Boar which is really nice and soft and wont give you brush burn like badgers can.

All basic, utilitarian, working class stuff but great synergy makes it a great shave and much, much better than the mismatched and much more costly setup in my 30DR.

The blades have been great. This is the 5th shave on this blade and i am only now just beginning to feel it dull. This is where my Rapiras were on the 3rd shave!. They remind me very much of the Rapiras. No weepers at all and no irritation. I will be buying more. I could stretch the blade out to#6 but 5 is a great run and i want to try some other razors that i have been neglecting for a while.

The rashes and bumps and blips of the last 30 DR shaves have gone. My skin is enjoying the synergy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.