SoS: September 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by James Kleinkauf, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nice try but not quite!

I told him he deserves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Primotenore like this.
  3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razor - Hawk v3 with Standard Plate
    Blade - Feather Professional 3rd shave
    Pre-shave - Proraso white
    Soap - Chiseled Face "Ghost Town Barber"
    Post - Thayers Toner "Lavender" & Geo F Trumper Skin Food "Sandalwood"
    AS - Pinaud Clubman

I took this photo today with my phone. It creates HUGE photos but, not bad for a phone! I had to resize and tweak a bit but, I always have to with my Nikon too.

IMG_1435.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Southern Tier near Binghamton. Outside the city by about 20 miles. Up on a hill. I can see Elk Mountain Ski resort all lit up in the winter time at night. It is 50 miles due south of me.

5. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Tuesday September 20, 2022
    Cold Water Shave
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: TOBS Tobacco
    Razor: Henson ++
    Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler

IMG_1050.jpg

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 7
    Vitos SS
    Proraso Blue ASB
    Brut Deodorant Spray
    Brut AS Splash
    Brut Cologne

This Yaqi Barber Pole synthetic is not only gorgeous looking, it’s such an awesome brush. It whipped up fabulous lather from the Vitos soap which is from Italy and has a mild but very nice cherry almond scent, the lather is so thick, rich, slick, as well as protective, and it’s VERY skin friendly. The Proraso Blue balm is so soothing and moisturizing, it’s mildly scented, and there seems to be a bit of a cooling sensation. The Brut’s scent is so old school and nice - from day one I loved it. Another three pass BBS shave that was so much fun!

Have a good day - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Stando Rod2 OC Ti
    Feather Pro Super (2)
    Nevia Foam Shave Cream (canned)
    Aloe Vera
    Stirling Soap Bay Rum Aftershave
    Stando Roc2 Ti AC.JPG

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220920.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ohhh, ok. I was wondering-I too continue to see a lot of Skin Bracer around.

Ursa likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

You have so many of your own brushes-I bet you use a Jayaruh for every shave.

Jayaruh likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

When I had GHost Town Barber, I never used Clubman Pinaud A.S. to follow up. Well, let me take that back, partly. I think I used Clubman Special Reserve, but not the regular Clubman.

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've been down in that area a few times hunting. I'm from Rochester and moved to NC about 12 years ago.

Ursa and Hogie like this.
  13. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Blackland Dart / Personna Reds
    Reef Point Soaps / Fougere Santal
    Cravingshaving Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

14. Ekeko

Ekeko New Member

20 September
    Used my Schick Type A1 from 1926(7), an auspicious year for the UK, as well as colonel Schick. The original owner had a sterling silver sheath fitted (slides off easily) but underneath the handle is fluted so it’s the earliest version of the Type A. I gave it a first try out on Saturday, with a new Schick blade and applied decent lather but it felt like I was scrubbing my face with emery paper so I quickly moved to a Mach 3. General view of users is that these Schick repeaters can be a tad aggressive due to age, wear and tear, who knows, but to me the blade gap just looked too big and the blade didn’t quite sit well in the head. So out with the trusty Polimide Kapton tape, put a few strips on the back of the blade, reinstalled and got a much closer fit with slightly reduced blade gap. The result was a smooth shave, enhanced by a generous lather with Floris 89 soap applied with a elderly Boots bristle brush. I’m blown away by the distinctive and lustrous smell from this soap, probably my favourite at the moment.

15. brit

brit in a box

wednesday
    1954 #58 aristocrat jr
    platinum
    yaqi ruby
    castle forbes
    speick

20220920_093124_edited.jpg

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Sept 20th
    '34 Aristocrat w Nacet (1)
    APShave GELousy SHD/Resin&Maple
    Fine American Blend 3x puck & AS
    Thayers
    awqewr.jpg
    This 'crat was made available by a fellow member and I jumped at the chance to acquire it. I have always loved the look of these early OC TTOs. Does it shave any better or worse than its contemporaries? No, but it sure is purdy...
    Have a great day all!

17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Occam's razor.
    Feather Professional Super blade.
    Shore Shave Cool Water Ribbon synthetic brush.
    Lakewood Soap Company Watercolors shave soap.
    Ceramic shave bowl.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

18. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Wednesday September 21, 2022
    Cold Water Shave
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Witchcrafts Desairology
    Razor: Henson ++
    Blade: Gillette SharpEdge (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler

IMG_1057.jpg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SLANTemper V5, Tuesday, 2022.

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant + modified MMOC handle- Mfg 2017> mid>upper mid range depending on your technique, I ride the bar and use a short handle seems to work well for myself, excellent machining QC for accuracy and finish, I get usually excellent results.
    Blade : Gillette Silver blue(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonble longevity.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, excellent 5-6/10 scent strength of sandalwood + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Cavern lake 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber with some backbone + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood[​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a GSB blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have a few other brushes. I used Oscar11 brush last week, and a few weeks ago I used my Semogue Owners Club boar. I also have a nice red and black aluminum badger that @twhite made me.

Ron R, Paul Turner and jtspartan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.