SoS: September 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by James Kleinkauf, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It is very nice getting back to the Hawk v3. Such a pleasant shaver. I used the standard plate with a fresh Professional blade. This was a shave I hated to see done! 2-pass shave got me super close and smooth!

Razor - Hawk v3 with standard plate
    Blade - Feather Professional 1st shave
    Pre-shave - Proraso Blue
    Soap - Captain's Choice "Italia"
    Brush - Simpson T2 Trafalgar synthetic
    Post shave - Thayers Toner "Rose Petal" & Captain's Choice "Venture" balm
    AS Captain's Choice "Italia"

Very pleasant 2-pass shave with cleanup on my jawline. WTG & ATG. I pre-heated the bowl & brush with HOT water. Scooped a dollop of soap with my spoon. It was a little harder lathering in the bowl as I had to work at dissolving the chip of soap. I had to work at it with the brush and still ended up with a small piece after done. I will have to start whisking in the jar! I do not want to bloom this soap as it is semi-soft. Been a while since I used this harder soap. I got zero cuts, nicks, or errors. Zero feedback from the alum bar.

DSCN9690.JPG

2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I like that handle! I had to go to Italian Barber to order one!
    Hawk v3!

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Awesome shave my friend!

Musketeer Rapier’s scent is apparently a clone of Aramis, which is so beautiful a fragrance. I plan to buy that soap in the near future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrDaniel's and Ron R like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 4
    Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

How can I ignore my dear brother Jaco’s great soaps? His Kudu soap is glycerine based like most of his soaps, this one has a beautiful coffee/peppermint scent, the lather whips up in a flash - it becomes very thick, rich, slick and protective, the menthol sensation is delightful, and it’s so skin friendly. The Prep felt so good when I massaged it on, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave has plenty of menthol in it, not to mention how gorgeous that old school barbershop scent is. Three passes gave me an absolutely perfect BBS shave that I really enjoyed from start to finish!

Have a good weekend - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

The Barber Pole is my favorite RR handle -- looks, length and weight.

MrDaniel's, Hogie and brit like this.
  6. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Flare Tip (TV Special)
    Gillette Silver Blue
    Yaqi Synthetic
    Fine Accoutrements / Platinum [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

7. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

The soap is wonderful and the aftershave is very nice also. The aftershave is different in that it goes to sleep in scent when it sits for a while on the shelf and when you want to use it I shake it hard and let it sit for a 2 hrs and it comes to life for a couple of days and when not in use it goes to sleep again over time. The aftershave is addictive when it is in full scent and bought a couple of bottles on sale months ago. I'm will buy Aramis Aramis colonge some day because it is really nice scent. If you look on the label where the sword spear tip points you will see MSC on it "Master soap creations".

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Saturday, September 3
    [​IMG]
    AoS Sandalwood~~TSN X LE~~Feather DX/Professional Super~~Rasasi LaYuqawam Pour Homme
    Have a great day!

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, September 3rd 2022

Razor : Yaqi Mercury chrome, Mfg 2022> mild to tame mid range, unique lather port on each side, evenly centers blade and the finish is excellent for smoothness.
    Blade : Gillette silver blue(4) top tier, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice musk scent with excellent lather qualities. Artisan Master soap creations S.A was commissioned by Yaqi to create their line of soaps and aftershaves.
    Brush: Yaqi "Ever Helpful"22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great painter. This brush is unique with its short dense loft making it a great scrubber for those who enjoy that IMO.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch Hazel beard cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Mercury chrome razor with GSB.
    [​IMG]Have some great shaves!

11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

09/04/22 Shave of the Day
    Range Travellr XL Brown Leather Toiletry Dopp Bag
    Face Wash with HC&C De´lica de Bergamot Soap Bar
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Conditioning Shampoo Puck
    Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements QIJ CHUCH Black Ice Artisan Shave Soap CK-6 Formula
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Doppler 26mm Perihelion Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine A-500
    Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
    Gillette 1930's New Type Long Open Comb Razor
    Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
    Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
    Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
    Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements QIJ CHUCH Black Ice Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Future Fiction Pomade - Epic Water Soluble Medium Hold Formula

D IMG_1585.jpeg

12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Spicy Sunday: The Clone Wars

[​IMG]

RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
    BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
    BRUSH: Vtg. Ever-Ready w/new 18mm Silvertip knot
    LATHER: OSP Old Gold Shaving Soap (Old Spice clone)
    POST: B&M ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ Aftershave Splash (Old Spice clone)

13. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Today's shave was a disaster, and not worthy of a photo.

Taking stock of my den today, I inventoried my creams and soaps, ranked them from least to most favorite, and am now on a mission to use up what I don't like. Over the last week or so, I've gotten such good shaves from my Mama Bear's Aromatic Pipe Tobacco soap, it's now my second-most-favorite soap--and I'm now in no hurry to replace it with something nicer.

Cream: Burt's Bee's All Natural shave cream (brushless)
    Razor: Gillette Slim, set on 4
    Blade: daylogic (Personna; made in Israel), 1st shave
    Brush: Not at first. Read on.
    Aftershave: Ursa Special Reserve: 50/50 Barbasol Brisk/Dollar General Classic with a splash of Pinaud VIBR thrown in

I've never gotten along with Burt's Bess shave cream, but gave it a go today in an effort to finally use up my tube.

Gawd, there's just something not right about slathering clear brushless goo all over one's beard instead of lathering up with a brush. Did I miss a spot while applying? Who knows...but I'll sure find out quick once I put the Slim into action.

First pass WTG was supremely slick and comfortable. I couldn't feel the Slim mowing down the whiskers. After rinsing off, though, there was a LOT of stubble.

After a second application of Burt's, an ATG pass was also extremely comfortable. Yet again, after rinsing off--which took seemingly forever--I ran my hand over my face and felt stubble galore.

I'd had enough of the Burt's at this point. I relathered up with vintage Barbasol Cool Menthol applied with my RazoRock Snowman, went ATG again, and ended up with a just-OK shave, with a weeper on my cheek and rarely-seen irritation at the base of my neck.

I'm normally a pretty frugal guy, and rarely throw away shaving products. But that's just what I did with the Burt's today: I binned it.

14. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Twig Razor
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (D7)
    Brush: Shavemac 23mm D02 Buffalo Horn
    Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
    Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
    Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Lavender
    Balm: Meißner Tremonia Lavender De Luxe
    Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender

15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 4th September 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Vie-Long 21mm Horsehair.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
    Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Pashana Original ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with the Parker InjRzr with no errors to report.

The Proraso shaving cream created a wonderful lather without drying out in between passes the post shave feeling from this shave cream is superb.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

16. brit

brit in a box

MrDaniel's likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

The Sunday Shave
    brit popular
    platinum
    simpson
    eton college

20220904_003149_edited.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  18. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Henson AL13 +++ Razor
    Voskhod Teflon Blade
    Stirling Bay Rum Soap
    Yaqi Sagrada Familiar 2 Band
    Aloe Vera
    Dana Canoe
    Henson AL13 AG.JPG

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220904.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Tea/Oatmeal Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    C.V. Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Proraso Green Tea/Oatmeal Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher and a C.V. Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razor - Feather DX & the Clone Japanese style
    Blade - Feather ProGuard 3rd shave (for both - I used 2 blades)
    Pre-shave - TOBS Herbal Gel
    Soap - Captain's Choice "Land Ho"
    Brush - Simpson T2 Trafalgar
    Post shave - Thayers Toner "Rose Petal" & Captain's Choice "Land Ho" AS balm
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Vanilla"

I got another very pleasant shave with the DX & clone (Kamasori?). Washed face with warm water & Ivory soap on washcloth. Used spoon to measure a dollop of the cream. This soap is the wettest of the creams I have. Nice lather but, don't shake out the brush and add some water! This soap is thirsty! Very nice scent. The TOBS Herbal Gel is almost gone. Nice 2-pass shave with minor cleanup. WTG & ATG. The cleanup was easier for me with the Feather clone Kamasori style. I was expecting some feedback due to my making a few passes to get neck clean but, I got almost none. VERY pleasant shave. If tomorrow was not Micromatic menthol Monday, I would repeat today's shave using the Clone Jeff gifted me.

DSCN9713.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.