SoS: September 4, 2017 - September 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Doug!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I haven't posted about daily shaves, over the past 10 days. things have been chaotic, and I haven't had time to use the straights. I am now able to take my time and enjoy the shaves.

The past 10 days.
    Very smooth shaves, but it takes 3 passes to equal 2 with a straight. Zero nicks or Cuts.

Razor- Gillette Fatboy
    Blade- Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows
    Soap- Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Brush- Omega 10098 Boar
    Aftershaves- Whatever was closest to my hands.
    P9051166.JPG

Tonight's shave was with an extremely sharp Wade & Butcher. Buttery smooth 2 pass shave, without issues. A Joy to use.

Razor- Wade & Butcher
    Brush- Omega 10098
    Soap- Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice

P9051167.JPG

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll check around-there's one place where I might see it, if not I'll PM you. Y'know, I think my Dad was an Afta man.....I wish I could remember!!

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sounds just like the place that the Clubman site has merged with-they(the partner) have lots of various cutlery. and separate section for Clubman products.

jimjo1031, clint64 and mrchick like this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

9/5/2017

Jamie's Night Shave.

1. Shower - Stirling Island Man Bar Soap / Clubman CC Shampoo.
    2. Stirling Lime Pre shave oil.
    3. Stirling Island Man w/The Shave Den Menthol Bomb -3 drops added.
    4. Stirling BOAR brush - bowl lathered.
    5. GEM Contour II - PAL Carbon Blade [3]
    6. Alum - Stirling Island Man Glacial after shave - Stirling Island Mad after Shave balm.

Just a amazing stirling shave - Island Man is one of my favorite scents - Stirling Boar is up there with Semogue 2000 - I paid $7.95 on sale and it is amazing.. Stirling Tallow Slickness and post shave moisturizing feel is second to none. Rod and his wife are class acts and run a great shop! affordable - fast shipping - free sample bar soaps every time - amazing labels and classy green tubs - A++++ vendor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. Ironically I wanted the Pineapple handle for as long as I was ogling the Timeless razors, even after they introduced the dimpled handle. But when it came time to order, I jumped tracks, changed my mind, and have been extremely happy since. Honestly, all their razors are works of craftsmanship.

clint64, Douglas Carey and mrchick like this.
  7. Smooth Steve

Doug, It has been really cool seeing your decanters. It is a nice collection. At some point you should take a picture of them all together!
    Steve

8. Smooth Steve

09/06/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    RazoRock Tobacco Shave Soap
    Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Timeless Polished Stainless Steel OC Razor with 0.95mm Blade Gap, Scalloped Cap, & H5 Dimpled Handle
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Green Pack Super Stainless Blade - 3rd Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
    K Shave Worx Saratoga Aftershave
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

D IMG_6906.jpg

9. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

10. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Great idea, Steve!

11. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

RAZOR: Remei DE - Chinese copy of a Gillette Tech
    BLADE: Dorco Platinum ST300 - this blade has at least 6 shaves on it. I said I would retire it after its last shave. I FORGOT!
    PREP: hot water wash and rinse - light layer of C.O.Bigelow applied to the face giving a VERY COOLING effect.
    SOAP: Williams Mug Shave Soap - this is a dependable staple for my shaves. Face lathered.
    MUG: Vintage Old Spice Mug - given to my Dad many years ago, returned to me by Mom awhile ago.
    BRUSH: Dad's Old Shave Brush - this is the one I remember my Dad using most. I have begun to use this brush, good memories
    POST SHAVE: hot water rinse
    AFTER SHAVE: Pinaud Clubman a vintage masculine scent - love it.
    AFTER SHAVE BALM: None needed.
    DadsBrush_Williams.jpg
    So, I thought this blade needed "nursing" on it's last shave. Said I would retire it. And I didn't because I forgot.
    I was focused on the brush - using it with the Williams Mug - something that I imagine my Dad would have done many times.
    This was the second time I have done so. This time, I used the C.O. Bigelow as a pre-shave, by applying a small amount to my face with my fingers.
    This old brush produces a wonderful, thick creamy face lather with very good cushion. Williams Mug takes a back seat to no one by me.

The shave was excellent. I went back and looked at the last time I posted using this razor, and saw my comments. I can't explain it.
    Maybe I hand stropped the blade since then. I don't know, but I see the value of documenting your shaves so you can review your impressions.
    The blade felt incredibly smooth today, the shave was a typical DE shave for me. A comfortable 3 Pass BBS shave, with very minor touchups.
    7 shaves in on this Dorco blade and still going strong.
    Maybe it was something like Zen in the art of shaving.

Great face feel after. Love the Pinaud Clubman, Great start to the day this morning. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Smells like the Drug Store SEptember!!!! (Stirling Booster)

September 5

Before I get into the shave - Just a couple more days before the Solar Eclipse Raffle drawing. This is another TSD raffle to support this great forum! Lots of great stuff to win again including some very fine Russian blades! Support your forum and feed your AD's at the same time.

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Razor - Gem 1912
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
    Brush - WCS Synthetic
    ASOD - Stetson

Well that was a short day off but it is what it is. Head shave up first tonight and I again went with a pain stick. This time the Kai with a Kai Captain Original blade. I had 12 days between shaves so the AC razor handled it better than the DE would and it was a very find shave with no blood or issues.

On to the regular shave. Finally ready for some SE love and I chose the Gem 1912 with a Gem PTFE blade in it. Scots Pine Sheep to try some mutton tallow and the WCS brush turned it into slick full lather in no time. It's been awhile since I used any SE razor but it was like riding a bike. Set the angle and got that great velcro sound out of the Gem. Two passes and touch ups and I'm near-BBS with a bit of heat in the alum. Probably my weakest technique is on the SE type razors. Just don't show them enough love.

The soap was really great. The after-shave feel is awesome with the sheep. I'm a fan of tallow soaps anyway, and the sheep version is really a great performer. I also have some Electric Sheep to try and I'll be looking for some other mutton choices as well.

After shave in the morning - Stetson. Gonna be a cowboy. Have a great Wednesday!

[​IMG]

13. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 06 September 2017 is nearly 7am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
    Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
    Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #3, ATG #2)
    Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux #1
    Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
    Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

14. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 09/06/17

Gem Clog Pruf
    Gem Personna (11)
    Erskine 3103 Boar
    Williams
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

A Wonderful Wednesday Shave, Smooth And Close, Let's Call It BBS!

Have A Great Day! DSCF1645.JPG

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good brush and picture.

ram57, sdguero and clint64 like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Steve. I'll do that at the end of the month, if I remember. :)

ram57, Smooth Steve, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree with you Steve. Timeless makes good produces.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

18. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Love that cigar-style handle. Truly unique with a vintage feel.

jimjo1031, sdguero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  19. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Thank you

sdguero, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    CRSW Olivia Colonia Mediterrania
    Thater 28mm
    Erusta
    RazoRock Acqua

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.