Speick stick.. This stuff is crazy good!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MikekiM, Sep 27, 2010.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Pretty much how I use them. Cram two of them in an old spice mug.

As long as you can get past the scent which dissipates rather quickly, Arko is a great bang for the buck. It generates copious amounts of nice lather without much effort. I bought it in bulk for not much over a buck a stick a while back. I like a variety, but more and more, I keep grabbing the mug of Arko.

2. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

I've got a couple of Arko sticks that I bought from someone over at B&B. I got two of 'em for $5 shipped. I was happy. I used my Speick stick tonight. I kind of like a stick better than a puck. I feel it helps me to not use too much soap.

I have a couple of Arko after shaves balms and three of their shaving creams. It's all good stuff IMO.

3. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

If you want to try it let me know.. I have a four tubes in stock and can send you some if you'd like...

I lubs the Maca Root!! Great stuff and nice scent. Super easy to lather and it has that residual slickness, post-pass, that I love. Makes touch up far easier since I can do it on the fly without having to constantly rejuvenate..just finger lather a spot and move. Both Speick and Maca Root have this characteristic.. Other soaps and creams I am using not as much.

Arko is on my "must try list". As is the La Toja stick. I've posted a few times about my preference towards the stick and face lathering.. in my routine it simplifies things and gives that great level of control with distribution that you describe.

My family appreciates it as well since they don't here the brush-bowl clanking at O'darkThirty each morning..

I just got a puck of MWF that I think will serve me better in stick form. Quick glance at the size of the puck tells me I can mill it and fill both a twist-up stick and regular container and have the best of both delivery methods.. That's tonight's project.

4. geneaut

geneaut Member

The Speick is a definite must try shaving product.

5. MikekiM

I took a break from the past week of Speick (LOL..that rhymes) to do a first shave with MWF that arrived yesterday..

Dare I say, I like Speick better. But it's only my first go-round with MWF and I wouldn't be so arrogant to say I got my lather perfect first time, so I'll be trying a few more times before making a final decision.

6. sffone

sffone Member

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in German the second vowel is pronounced long, so Speick would be pronounced "Spike", or even "Shpike", perhaps. I've been wrong before, so....

8. MikekiM

More than likely I am wrong...

I still have an Italian accent... from Naples, not Brooklyn or New Jersey.. ;)

9. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

10. MikekiM

I'd be up for a group buy... Can't imagine buying or storing 15 sticks...

11. geneaut

geneaut Member

If my one year of college German is still with me the 'ei' dipthong in Deutsch is always pronounced similar to the 'i' sound in the word 'light'.

Hence 'Rhein' is pronounced the way Americans would pronounce 'Rhine'.

'Sp' would typically be prounounced 'shp'

So, I'm guessing it would be something like 'shpike' to an American's ears. I apologize to any Germans if I messed that up. Blame Frau Dr. Price if I did LOL.

brit likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Speick is pronounced "Shpike". :)

geneaut likes this.
  13. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I have been told be a French wet shaver that it is pronounce "Shpeek" in France. But, since it's not a French product, I think I'll stick with "Shpike" as I've heard from all other (semi)reliable sources.

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Whateva; I am in Der Schpeek crowd!

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

YEA! I got one right!!

16. geneaut

geneaut Member

Wunderbar !

17. Grick

Grick Active Member

Yes, it IS "shpike".

brit likes this.
  18. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Speick was the first soap I found when I started wet shaving. Whenever I lather it up, I am back in school, feeling young, and ready to take on the whole world. Oh...it's a great soap too!

bayercy and Frijolero like this.
  19. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

Speick stick is a really good soap. Speick active soap is not as good as stick. Stick's scent is nice to me. The shaving cream of Speick scent is like medicine. But its performance is great.

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Was zum Teufel - spricht jemand hier Englisch?

Und ja, die Speick Rasierstick ist absolut prima! :)

geneaut, canoeroller and BigMark83 like this.