Spicy Sunday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by BigD, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

That's the Proraso Wood and Spice Shave Cream squeezed into a travel bottle for easier use. I also have the Cypress and Vetiver in cream. I love it. I do have the Red and the Green in soap form. I have not tried the cream form of the Red and Green. To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between the four except for the scent.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i find the wood and spice cream a bit slicker than the green or red,but they are all excellent imo..:)

BigD likes this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

They are hard to beat. I find most of my products perform perfectly. It's all about dialing them in with the correct amount of water. I am absolutely the wrong person to judge soaps or creams. I go by scent, or price to performance. You're talking to the guy that thinks Williams is the best soap ever made. There are only a few soaps I didn't like. You'll see those soaps I have only used once and never talked about them again.

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

all good,at the time i wasn't getting the best lathers from the red and green tubs.hadn't dialed them in.been a while since i used them as i have red and green in tubes as well ,which do lather up more quickly than the tubs.however,i should spend more time with the tubbed products..too many in rotation so they don't get the time they deserve..:)

BigD likes this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you are like me. You take care of your stuff so if you use today, tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year it will still work as it should.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..that is the goal at least..stuff is kept cool,clean,covered and in the dark..:)

BigD likes this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

An Old Spice Spicy Sunday with Stirling Spice;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Spicy Sunday‌ ‌11.01.20 ‌SOTD‌

[​IMG]

Pre de Provence Verbena lather/rinse
    Edwin Jagger DE89.RR HD Handle
    Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
    Frank Shaving 24mm Silvertip Badger
    Pre de Provence shave soap
    Pre de Provence Sante Green Tea

BigD and brit like this.
  9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Love it. I'm so happy others, such as yourself, that any product that has a spice in it is good to go for Spicy Sunday!!!! Thank you.

10. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

A Spicy, Musky, Brut Sunday!!!!! Rushmore for the Spice and Brut for the Musk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brit and James Kleinkauf like this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Great spicy shave BigD. I haven't used Brut in quite a while. I'm going to have to pick some up. ;)

BigD and brit like this.
  12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. I think everyone should have Brut in their den.

brit likes this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

A very nice Old Spice/Stirling Spice shave this Spicy Sunday!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brit likes this.
  14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

A Very Spicy Sunday shave with Stirling Spice, Old Spice, and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
    Soap: Stirling Soaps Stirling Spice
    Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)
    Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
    Brush: Zenith Boar
    AS: Old Spice (US)
    ASB: Stirling Spice
    EdC: Old Spice (US)

I look forward to shaves like this. It brings me back to when I was a kid. My father, grandfather, and uncle used this magic fragrance. It was my first AS and EdC when I was 11. It reminds me of good food, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and every day in between. To me, this is what family love smells like on the male side.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brit and James Kleinkauf like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

awesome spice shave and pics Mr.D..:cool:

BigD likes this.
  16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. It was very nice.

17. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

so Mr. D I'm sorry I forgot to post here on how my 40s. old spice shave soap and mug went. anyway when I gave it a lather up I didn't expect it to work because the puck appeared to be hard as a rock. I let it soak under some hot water (as hot as I could get it) for a few minutes. when I poured it out, most of the dust and oxidation on the surface came out. I whipped a lather straight out of the mug and brought it to a face lather. the scent was surprisingly slightly more subtle there. Has really nice cushioning and slickness to be from around 1944. best part was, I bought it for 20 bucks off ebay. Have to say that was my luckiest and best find. I don't think I will ever find a 40s mug and 40s soap of Old Spice for that much of a steal on ebay again. Even had it's original lid cover. This is the 5 1/2 oz. Soap Cake

IMG_20201121_184722.jpg

BigD, brit and TommyCarioca like this.
  18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Nothing to say sorry for. There it is, the awesomeness that is the mug and the contents. If you were my neighbor I'd ask if I could come over and touch it. That's good stuff.

myles wilson likes this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Spicy Sunday for the WIN! The GameChanger .68 plate series for the tool of choice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
    Soap: Stirling Spice
    Razor: RazoRock GC .68 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
    Blade: Kai (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
    Brush: Zenith Boar
    AS: Old Spic Classic (US)
    ASB: Stirling Spice ASB
    EdC: Old Spice Classic (US)

I scraped some of the Stirling Spice into the bottom of my Captains Choice Heavy Copper, poured some hot water over it while I showered. I poured the bloom water into the VdH bowl with fresh hot water to build the lather from. That lather got slick, thick, and creamy.

This is one of my favorite shaves of the week. I can't get enough of it. Between Sundays and Wednesdays I do not know which is my favorite shave of the week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

myles wilson and James Kleinkauf like this.
  20. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

lol Thank you! :D

BigD likes this.