St Charles Shave Smoke & Beads EDT

Discussion in 'Cologne Reviews' started by ThePossum, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I can say nothing bad about this EDT from the "kitchen" of St. Sue and St. Wendy.

The scent takes me back 40 years and my college days and the smell of the incense that some folks used to cover up the other less than legal smell in their rooms.

One thing that I have noticed about the SCS EDTs is that a little goes a long way. I do not have to use so much of it that you can smell me coming from a mile away. The scent lasts and lasts and is not overpowering.

SCS has provided a very nice quality, albeit a rather plain and simple atomizer for this great scented EDT.

Keep this one in stock Sue and Wendy because I will always keep coming back to it.

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I bought this about a month ago, along with some other EDT's, and have really grown quite fond of the scent.

The scent has some depth to it with a hint of patchouli, sandalwood and some different citrus. Smells a little like smoke but not overpowering.

Like most of Sues EDT;s a little goes a long way. I spray and this stuff will last all day. I can still smell it when I take my shirt off at night.

For the price you can't beat Sue's EDT's and this is no exception. I highly recommend this.

3. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

When I was in my patchouli stage of shaving this product caught my attention since patchouli is really not a popular scent b/c of the "hippy" stereotype I assume. I was really expecting a true patchouli scent and this was not the case. I do believe that it is in the mixture but much more sweet than dry and earthy which I group the patchouli scent with. I believe if I wasnt pursuing the single note scent or blend I might had been happier with the results but it came across as sweet and cloying. The staying power is good but also very difficult to wash off:( Not bad but of course not for me. When I think of Smoke & beads(70's kids smoking in the basement) I dont think of this scent at all.

4. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

After reading other reviews I was expecting something weird due to the "not for the faint of heart" quote. It does remind me of my yesteryears of the hippie days, but not in a bad way. I truly expected more patchouli scent than it has, but it is faintly present. The sandalwood scent stands out more than the other scents. Comes in a nice glass bottle and the atomizer is middle of the road, spritzing the right amount with each spray. It does last a very long time once it goes on. I spray one shot at the base of my throat and one on my bare chest. Allow it to dry before donning a shirt. The price is the best aspect of this product, being a very reasonable price for the quality of this product.