Stahly Live Blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I don't know, l bought mine for the head. I put the handle in the box and buried it in the archive...

opsimath and gorgo2 like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have a couple of them. One is locked up and I put the head on a Weber Bulldog handle and get great shaves with it. Enjoy!

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have several Stahly razors , but no cases unfortunately. I bought them for the shave heads, not the vibrating handles. I use one of the heads daily mated to my Weber Bulldog handle. This combo give me consistent close, smooth, completely irritation free shaves. Since I began using the Stahly shave head I haven't felt the need or desire to buy anymore DE's to try. :) The Stahly shave head has been a RAD killer for me.:happy088:

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have one that works. Really can't tell any benefit from the vibrating. I really don't like the bulky handle so I put the head on a Fat Handle Tech handle and get great shaves.

opsimath, 178-bplatoon and gorgo2 like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This thread made me get mine out this weekend. Great shaves!
    [​IMG]

Keithmax, 178-bplatoon and gorgo2 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Used it today. Felt like I had to ride the cap more than I usually do (no big deal) and that it might go better with something sharper than Big Ben since it took 3 passes. Also needs a little heavier handle. But no arguing with the result, which was very good.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I did get it freed up last night, it buzzed fine. This morning it was locked up again. Not messing with it anymore.

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Love mine, it always make me think it's not doing anything, but leaves nothing behind. Great shaver

mrchick likes this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Old thread bumpity bump. Here's mine, won last night on the 'bay for $44.89, free shipping. There's a live auction going on right now for another one, just the razor in case, and it is already up to $75.

The seller says it looks to have never been used. Looks NOS. eBay listing pics below, more my own pics when it arrives. If it is NOS, I'll just leave it in the display cabinet and continue my search for one I can actually use, hopefully one in the roller guard variant instead of the fixed guard variant.

Screenshot_20210718-143508_resize_1.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-082749~2_resize_8.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-143540_resize_84.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-143409_resize_78.jpg

Screenshot_20210718-143437_resize_78.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Dave in KY, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  10. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Here's my Model and I find it OVERLY Mild.....You can see the spring type connection on the baseplate to allow it to be effected by the vibrating handle
    IMG_20210718_161102207.jpg IMG_20210718_161109044.jpg IMG_20210718_161137473.jpg IMG_20210718_161205448.jpg

Edison Carter and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Dave in KY likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The Stahly with the Fat Tech handle has a broken head. The spring on one side was broken and fixed with J-B Weld............ [​IMG]

Sent from my cp3648AT using Tapatalk

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

One of mine has a funky cap that sits high and creates more gap. Feature not problem. See my SOTD.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IAmTheJody, Dave in KY and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sure, two injector blades does work great in the Stahly. Still a mild shave but pretty darn effective. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk