Star Trek (etc.)

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by chazt, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

No, that's Susan Oliver as Vena in the TOS pilot The Cage
    Yvonne Craig played Batgirl around the same time.

2. brit

brit in a box

phaser bait..

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yep, Bill(Shatner)really phased 'em, didn't heeeee(AHHHHHH, long lung breath)

chazt, brit and Enrico like this.
  4. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

You are correct.
    I was thinking of a different episode.

FyyjBHGXoAIgJRv.png

yvonne-craig-star-trek-series.jpg

chazt, Tdmsu, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And the importance of not wearing red.

chazt, Tdmsu, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

chazt, brit and DrStrange like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

9. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Thanks, All for keeping this thing going. Right after my last post in this thread I stumbled upon a new (to me) tv show. I was all set to start Enterprise from episode one, when paramount plus suggested I check out the program, Night Sky. Has anyone seen this? It looks like it was inspired by the show Lost, if the writers were on acid in exurbia. A couple of days later and all of a sudden I’m up to episode 5.

I did see Enterprise episode 1 (both parts, with no commercial interruptions!) last evening and found it very entertaining. I haven’t seen the series since its original run and had forgotten much of the episode’s specific scene contents. Plenty of info (dialogue and visuals) to hook a person into coming back for more.

Now my dilemma is do I return to Enterprise tonight or Night Sky?

btw, I found a website that offers suggestions on various viewing orders of the Star Trek franchise. I hope posting the link to another website is kosher with the mods. If it’s uncool I will remove it.
    https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-best-order-to-watch-all-of-star-trek/
    Good evening to All:happy036:

PLANofMAN, brit and Enrico like this.
  10. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I liked the original Star Trek. But none of the subsequent iterations really grabbed my interest. The closest was Star Trek Enterprise with Scott Bakula. All of the other movies and Star Trek series programs had a fatal flaw for me somewhere, usually in the casting. Each had a premise that was okay, but the execution was UNSAT. For me, at least.

I was given a boxed set of Fireball XL5 DVDs, and thought it rocked! Those episodes made me feel like a kid again! How do you go from one spaceship to another in deep space? Why you swallow an oxygen pill and swim over, of course! Pre "space age" science fiction is the best! :)

upload_2024-4-25_22-36-51.gif

- Bax

DrStrange, brit, chazt and 1 other person like this.
  11. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

@Bax, it’s good to see your post :) Fireball XL5 was my initiation into sci-fi. I wish I still had my XL5 rocket. When I was in second grade, I wore my folks down to the point where they actually agreed to buy me the coolest thing ever. The capsule separated from the fuselage! Hello, Mr. Roddenberry? My XL5 looked just like this one.
    IMG_8519.jpeg

Edit.. now that I’m thinking about it, there was SuperCar which iirc predated all other marionette sci fi.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Enrico and brit like this.
  12. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

There was a cartoon program.. Aqua Boy? .. the kid chewed oxygen gum which helped him remain underwater for as long as he needed to get the job done! Now you got me thinking about Speed Racer, Tobor the 8 Man (is that right?) and Gigantor. I haven’t seen these cartoons in decades!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I only remember the theme music by Don Spencer.

:)

chazt likes this.
  14. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Probably the best intro and theme song.EVER!
    - Bax

chazt and DrStrange like this.
  15. DrStrange

I never saw that show.
    I think I would have liked it.

chazt likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I just started it (thx @Bax ) on freevee through Amazon fire TV. It's surprisingly good both in plot and FX especially considering it was aired in 1962.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    DrStrange and chazt like this.
  17. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I like the way every time they use a number, they add a color in there somewhere.
    Like "change the radio to channel 643 blue!" Or some such thing. Around our house, anytime my wife gives me a number for anything, she always adds a random color at the end. :)
    - Bax

chazt and DrStrange like this.
  18. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Sounds like something Johnny Rivers should have covered. Yeah, great track! It’s much hipper than the vocal theme song to Enterprise (imo;))

Enrico and richgem like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I absolutely agree Enterprise's theme music is awful; though I really like theme music from both Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

:)

chazt likes this.
  20. DrStrange

Close, it was Marine Boy.

I watched all of those, and also Kimba The White Lion,
    ****** *** by Disney to become The Lion King

chazt and Enrico like this.