Stetson

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by PLAla, Oct 30, 2019.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I recently acquired a soap based on the Stetson scent. Looking to get some Stetson to go with it.

What is the difference between the 'Cooling Moisture' splash and original Stetson? Other than the implied menthol in the cooling?

Cooling
    upload_2019-10-30_10-2-11.jpeg

Original
    [​IMG]

The cooling version is what I see in the drug stores and Walmart.

2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The Cooling Moisture is an aftershave vs the regular cologne.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN, Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Must be part of those behind the glass...i.e. the expensive ones.

PLAla likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Original: Top Notes - Lemon, Lime, Bergamot, Lavender. Heart Notes - Patchouli, Jasmin, Vetiver. Base Notes - Amber, Tonka.

Moisture Cooling: Not much info except aromatic, woodsy, spicy with Menthyl lactate, less irritating than menthol.

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, it's says it all. Cooling is aftershave , regular cologne.

PLAla likes this.
  6. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

I had the Stetson aftershave balm I got from one of my three sisters very nice stuff to this day I have no idea where to find it

PLAla likes this.
  7. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

To my nose there’s not much difference between regular Stetson aftershave and the Cooling Moisture aftershave. Except the latter doesn’t have much of a burn to it as the original does.

PLAla likes this.
  8. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Another difference between the original and Cooling Moisture is price. Original Stetson sells for about $20, CM sells for $5 and change.

PLAla likes this.
  9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

They smell the same to me, but the cooling one has menthol, and it also feels a tad bit greasy to me.

PLAla likes this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The soap I mentioned turned out to have lost most of the scent. It now smells like an unscented soap. I sniffed some Stetson at Walmart the other day and just don't care for it out of the bottle, so I think my dilemma is solved in that I won't get any Stetson at all. Thanks for all the comments!

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Rite Aid, maybe Walgreens. Certainly Amazon.

steve207 likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I read somewhere that you might think Stetson has an Indian Jones/JackPalance feel and scent to it(actually, that was me saying the Indy/Jack part). But you get the idea. Anyway, it went on to say that there actually is little of that "Cowboy" feeling. That confused me!!!

Angelo85 likes this.