stick containers

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Williams Warrior, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I just finished grating 2 pucks of Williams and made a stick in an old deodorant container. It was the twist variety that has the threaded pole running down the center, and I don't know if it will work or not. I checked West Coast and the tubes they carry are the same functionally as what I just used, so the question is does anyone know of a vendor that sells the push up tubes so there's no post in the middle?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Find someone who may be willing to PIF you an old Tabac Shave Stick container.

4. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Or, as I did here, buy a Tabac stick, grate it into a mug, and re-use the container. I'm also re-using a D.R. Harris stick container this way, but it has a much smaller capacity.

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Yep, if it twists it has a post. I have another idea brewing for a non push up, who'd a thought that 2 pucks of soap grated would take up so much space. I packed that deodorant as tight as I could and still have a tupperware container full of shavings.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The Tabac containers are push up. I grated Palmolive sticks into the twist-up kind and have no issues using it. The soap moves up, not the center spindle. Works perfect.

7. Strohman

Strohman Member

Attached Files:

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I reshaped an unopened Arko Stick just by flatening it, by pushing down on it with a glass cassarole dish til it was the same thichness as the empty deoderant stick container with spindle I was going to use. Then screwed the base-plate out of the deoderant stick container and pressed the Arko Stick on to it. Then rescrewed it into the container and it works perfect. Then peeled the deoderant stickers and labeling off the container so it's just an unmarked solid grey container..I have no issues what-so-ever...One Arko Shave Stick fits perfect and no need to grate just a little reshaping...And because I'm still using the original base-plate or deoderant plastic shelf, the soap moves up and down perfectly.

I've been using this for 1 1/2 years now...Just re-fill it about once every 2 1/2 to 3 months. I did this originaly for travel. But after I used it once, I wanted it for everyday...It's so easy to use and your hand stays dry from lather for a firm grip on the razor...