Stirling and their New 316/L Stainless Razor.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Jun 5, 2019.

1. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I’ve been using one of the aggressive “heads” that Stirling has been selling for awhile. I’m sure it isn’t anything like these in terms of materials or quality, but I’m curious how it compares to the blade exposure, etc. on these new ones. Does anyone know what razor heads the old Stirling razor heads compare to?

2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

@ezlovan any new developments if the new SS razor will be available for wet shavers before the Christmas Holidays? Been saving my pennies and just might opt for the full polished version instead of waiting for the matte finish one.

3. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I have a call scheduled with the machinist this afternoon. I should know more then. I'm sadly starting to get pessimistic that they will be done before Christmas.

BigD, Edison Carter, jluc and 2 others like this.
  4. Str8on2

Thanks for the update! Please keep us posted whether it makes it for Christmas, earlier or even later. Would I like to have it sooner? Absolutely! But, if it's later then so be it. The wet shaving community as a whole is a pretty patient group. Hopefully you get good news today....

brit likes this.
  5. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Active Member

Eventually, it did not work out for Christmas.
    Any updates on the schedule?

BigD likes this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Are we going to be able to buy a package with both base plates?

7. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    Yes.

Edison Carter, jluc and BigD like this.
  8. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Can't wait.

9. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    They are in production now, if not already finished. Still have to be polished and laser etched, but I anticipate having them in hand in a matter of weeks.

10. Str8on2

For those that are waiting patiently or impatiently, about a week ago a little birdy on Instagram gave up a nice bit of info. According to the post, the razors should be done by the 16th of this month & the razors should be on the website before months end. This bit coming from the man himself at Stirling.

I certainly am anxiously awaiting the release of this razor with the positive reactions from those few that have tried the prototype razors. Going to be a good February it seems....

Also, a sweet looking travel case that will be included with the razor purchase.

https://www.instagram.com/stirlings...d&ig_mid=B55F0B4A-3EED-461C-A2B5-BC8665822F4D

11. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Active Member

These travel cases look great. I like the stamped logo. I would pick a green (Stirling-green) one if made available.