Stirling has a 26mm Plisson-like Brush for $19.95

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GeneralKinetics, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The brush looks great - very curious to hear how you like it.

2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Fine looking brush!

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent. Rod (owner/soap dude) at Stirling does it right! Have no worries when you buy from him.

Omelmad likes this.
  4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Got mine today also!:mail: It's a monster! Very soft but with good backbone. To get a scale of size this is a picture of it next to my favorite Whipped Dog 30/45 Silvertip. The weight is about the same. But the Stirling Synthetic 26/63 is much higher. Check tomorrow's SOTD.

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I ordered one today. I've never used a synthetic. Looking forward to trying it out.

Misphit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Mine arrived too and looked a little larger than advertised. I pulled out my calipers and it may be 26mm down at the plug but at the hole mine came in at 27.67.mm. Now I cant find the handle I was going to drop this knot into and the Bethlehem Olive Wood handle looks like it maybe a little to small but I do have a rubberset handle that I might be able to squeeze this into. Handle needs to be refurbished but maybe worth the trouble. I compared the fibers on this one against my Plisson and my TGC knots and looks/feels identical to me just a bigger knot. Also mine is a little canted on one side and hoping it is just a glue bump.

7. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

I hear it has more backbone than the Plisson. I ordered one.

8. Razor Blade X

What I like most about @ezlovan is how open and honest they are as a business. They ALWAYS work to put out a quality product and are willing to make it right. They offer some of the best prices on earth for a quality product that can compete with the best of the best! The work to bring a substantial size, Plisson-dominance-ending synthetic brush at a fair price is definitely commendable!

Now, I can't wait for that winter Tobacco based soap!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Omelmad likes this.
  9. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I was really surprised by this brush. I didn't expect much from it as I have another synth, but it jumped to the top of my rotation list after using it the past few days.

cmorris357, ObiDon and Razor Blade X like this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

The new Stirling synthetic shave brush is an outstanding lather maker. Stirling's synthetic shave brush is advertised to have a knot of 26mm, and a loft of 63mm. My brush measured: Knot 29mm, Loft:62. The knot has a decent sized glue bump, essentially reducing the effective loft of the brush to 49mm. In other words this brush does not perform like a brush with a loft of 63mm. The shorter effective loft of 49mm, caused by the glue bump, gives the brush greater backbone. Something many synthetic brushes lack.

Sterling3.jpg
    Used a toothpick to measure glue bump.

Sterling5.jpg

Sterling4.jpg
    Effective Loft 49mm

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  11. Razor Blade X

Stirling 26mm Synthetic Brush in action:

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This Stirling synthetic is a game changer!

13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

@ezlovan how much does shipping cost to sweden. I think Larry at whipped dog has figured out a way to cut shipping down to 5$ or something like that by sending his brushes in durable envelopes. Can you check that out? Because if so, 20-22$ + 5$ is DEFINITELY a price I would pay after all these amazing reviews.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  14. cmorris357

I believe it's @ezlovan, not eslovan.

15. cmorris357

For those who know Chris Bailey, the Traditional Shaving Evangelist on You Tube, he is calling the Stirling brush the Plisson killer. This thing is very impressive so far.

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thank you

cmorris357 likes this.
  17. Boojum1

Sorry. SOLD OUT!

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's because everyone bought two :)

(Stirling brush comparison starts at the 4:30min mark):

Boojum1 likes this.
  19. Boojum1

Some NBJ survivors will be very unhappy. :happy068:

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe @ezlovan could extend the introductory offer to the 30+ people that might make it through NBJ for the first week in August or when they are back in stock :D