Stirling has a 26mm Plisson-like Brush for $19.95

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GeneralKinetics, Jul 17, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I almost ordered another one as a backup but I didn't. I guess some lucky buyer owes me.

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

That would be very generous of him. They would like that. I wonder what the regular price will be? :signs002:

3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I think regular was only 22.95.

Darkbulb and ram57 like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Don't tell Rod but I would pay twice that. This brush is great.

5. gwsmallwood

I think it will be my next brush. I just got a 30 mm WD, and that knot may be just a little too dense.

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Had to stop by here. I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the forum for the past few months, but had to give some thoughts here after just ordering this brush a few days ago. After Mr. Bailey used this and said it killed his Plisson, I knew I had to order one. I've always used a TGN (The Golden Nib) synthetic exclusively for my lathers (I love the softness but how it's still stiff on the face), but I think the Stirling is going to completely replace it. What I like that Stirling did was—unlike some of the artisans who were part of the knot deal, they actually went ahead and put them in their own handle and properly branded them. Go Stirling! I know I'm going to be happy about the size, handle, and softness—I'm just hoping it has the denseness/stiffness I'm looking for. Either way, it kills the Plisson 19X over. I'm absolutely excited to receive this brush.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm a bit confused about the above - have you received it already or still waiting on it? :) There's a lot of statement about how good it is and how it will replace your current gear and is 19x better :)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Mr. Bailey (must be famous in Japan) said it, so it must be true.

I watched the YouTube video...still didn't get one. It's bigger than my preferred size, and I already have a large good synthetic brush (H.I.S. brush).

I might grab a small one when they release the different sizes.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Active Member

I ordered mine when they had about 366 left. I can't wait to try it. Should be here today if I am lucky. The splay will probably cover my whole face.

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I ordered one for $18.95—discounted due to 'glue spots.'
    This is actually less than I paid for either of my two current synthetics (TGN 3-band, Omega syn).
    I've read good things from those who have them, so sure, why not?.......;)

11. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

No, as I stated, I ordered the brush a few days ago and am excited to receive it. I've wanted to try a Plisson for a long time, but the price wasn't right, and I didn't like that most people complained about the backbone and bad handle.

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I corrected your spelling there ;)

PLANofMAN and gwsmallwood like this.
  13. gwsmallwood

I do think this will be my next purchase once my budget builds back up. I've used my WD a couple of times now. I discussed with Larry setting it at 65 mm to maintain splay. Somehow it ended up coming in closer to 57 mm. While it lathers like crazy, I do think I'd like the loft a littler higher, and the knot may be just a little too dense. I also have a credit with Larry, so I may just pick up one of his 24 mm knots as well.