Str8 colored handle worked spine LLevensong King of ALL Brand

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by TOB9595, Apr 11, 2008.

1. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I can hardly contain myself!!!
    YIPPEE!!!!
    I got this BEAUTY from Canada..
    Pics tell it all.
    I can't find any info on this in my books...
    Any help on ID date or any info is appreciated..
    So for now. Enjoy the show
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'll be cleaning it up AFTER I get better at cleaning till then it'll go untouched..cept for some oil on the blade
    I need more to look at I hope you do too :)

King of ALL Brand
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice, Tom! :happy088

Enjoy!

3. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

:eek::eek::1respect:1respect:1respect

Wow! That's one beautiful razor. Thanks for sharing the pics. Can't help with the ID, sorry.

James.

4. xChris

xChris Member

I don't think I've ever heard of that manufacturer before. It kinda sounds like a re-brand (especially like the ones from the U.S. -- you know, the re-branded Genco & Geneva models).

Since it's made in Germany, I'm tempted to say it may be a re-branded Boker. In fact, The Boker Edelweiss ones might have had a similar worked back (if I'm recalling correctly).

Now, this is speculation on my part, but maybe that gives you a vector to research. Without a doubt, it is a nice razor, and has some great potential. If you keep the scales, makes sure you monitor it for celluloid rot (assuming they are celluloid); it would be tragic to lose that blade to rust and corrosion from off-gassing.

5. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

IF I KEEP THE SCALES!!!!!
    Chris!!!!!
    The SCALES are UBER cool!!!!!!

I'm almost apoplectic at the thought of rescaling

Hahahaha
    Thanks for the tip on the celluloid rot. I've been following that thread closely.
    Thanks for the leads
    t

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Thats a gorgeous razor. I know I've seen similar celuloid scales, but they were all white. Is the paint on the scales origional or was it done by a previous owner. I know the last time I saw one like this the person was considering painting the scales themselves. Either way, nice buy!

7. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I hope/believe that it's all original.
    I've thought of bringing some of my embossed figural scales up a notch by painting them..
    Ellis has posted pics of some of his colored scales..
    They really pop when colored. Sorta like the pyramids or Greek temples when they have the color back on them

8. xChris

xChris Member

Well... OK. I suppose the scales could stay. :D:D:D

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Interesting. Theyre gorgeous either way. A little bit of polish on the blade and I think it would look great. Just like that. No need to change anything. It has a nice vintage look to it.

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow!!

A great find Tom :drool :drool tis a beauty indeed :D