Straight Razor Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Bronco, Jun 9, 2008.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I'm new to straights I had no idea.

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

No problem!

Check out ebay for examples; I just ran a quick search in about 30 seconds and found a wostenholm that sold for $50 and another wostenholm that didn't sell for $12. Just do a little homework on the web first to get a general idea of what you might expect to pay and you can get a general idea, but it varies from day to day on eBay. New razors are a little more consistent in their pricings, but even there it is hard to say what they are actually worth.

[​IMG]

3. voryzen

voryzen New Member

Is there a razor that is still manufactured in England, today?

Karl G likes this.
  4. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Other then customs not that I know of :(

There are a few of the manufactures that are using Sheffield steel however, I know Wacker and TI both did several razors that way that I can think of off hand

Karl G likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Interesting.

6. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Only Dovo, Thiers-Issard and Boker still make straights, as far as I know, other than custom makers. The list is long but still can't possibly show all the vintage makers. There were literally hundreds of makers in Sheffield, Solingen, Eskiltuna, Japan, Spain, France...etc.

Jim99 likes this.
  7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Value of a razor is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Jim99 likes this.
  8. ccasche

ccasche New Member

Prime full-hollow pieces of tool steel range from $150-$350. Straightrazor guys are competitive and I've had good luck with them. One of my pieces is the T-Issard Snakewood 6/8 round. It rocks and is a great shave.
    Of course, sky's the limit and you can easily go $500-$2000 for a one-off custom piece.

9. Mark Davis

Mark Davis New Member

The list did not come up for me. Can someone provide a link?

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Those links are 14-15, almost 16 years old. Probably corrupted during one of the upgrades to the site, or just plain died. Hopefully someone may have what you're looking for, but could be a long shot.

gssixgun and Karl G like this.