straight razor restorers

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by neiasden, Oct 13, 2022.

1. neiasden

neiasden Member

I have been talking to several people about straight razors. the ladies at micro fasteners, Austin on eBay who makes all the dome washers honeycomb, cup washers all that. Texas knife supply. one place sells pins, another place sells washers, another place sells different specialty washers, and other places sell Woodstock for scales and another place for acrylics. I've been trying to put everything together in one place for people doing this. I think there are enough people that it would do good. I'm trying to convince them that selling 4 less and selling more is the way to be the richest person on the planet like Sam Walton was lol.i just need to talk to all the restorers and see how they would have it and try to get it like that.

I saw a post on here where a girl was asking for suppliers they used or something like that. I'm just looking for ideas on what would work for you. you're out of something and you need to get it tell me the process that would work for you so I have something to work on I know how it would work for me. I'm not asking for anybody suppliers or nothing you can give them if you want and I'll try to get a hold of them and convince them like I'm trying to do these people. they don't know what's coming at them when I start asking them about shipping cost where they get their supply from and a list of questions I got written down somewhere. anywho

2. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

The problem is that the straight razor restorers are such a small group of people that there won’t be enough volume for a given supplier to stock everything. Walmart only works if you have a high volume.

Amazon is likely the closest option to an all-in-one seller, all the materials and tools aren’t likely to be sold as straight razor repair goods, you’ll have to hunt them down yourself, and make a list.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    Gasman and DaltonGang like this.
  3. neiasden

neiasden Member

that's pretty much what I've been finding out

4. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

AliExpress might be an option too.

neiasden likes this.