Sudsy Soapery review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by youngunn, Nov 13, 2016.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

No worries, Tim. It was still worth the try. And the SS is a great performer no matter what. I'll be interested to follow their progress as things progress.

2. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

A very nice review. I have 6 of their soaps and really enjoy them. It makes a killer lather every time!

youngunn likes this.
  3. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I agree with the consensus here that this is a great soap. I have two soaps, Sandalwood & Myrrh, which to me is pretty much scentless, and Almond & Vanilla, which to my nose smells almost exactly like Cella.

Similar to many here, it's among the better soaps I've used, very slick & cushiony. I was annoyed that my Sandalwood & Myrrh smells like nothing, but I can't knock the performance. From what I've heard, the Lavender & Peppermint seems to be the consensus favorite flavor, although it's hard for me to imagine liking it more than my Almond & Vanilla.

I also got one of their lavender candles for my wife and it's really awesome. Lasted a long time and smelled like a million bucks.

jtspartan and youngunn like this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I have the Lavender and Peppermint and it's nice. Twice Mint is also nice.

For the lady, I recommend their Rose facial serum. My wife loves it and it has really helped her skin.

Demidog and CliffDweller like this.
  5. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I bought the Citrus & Bay and Vanilla and Almond. It will be awhile before I get to them, but they're local so I wanted to support. I wish I would have known about their stall down in Soulard. I would have made the trip down.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice write up guys!!

7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I am playing with the thought of buying one of the soaps. Sandalwood & Myrr seems right up my alley, but i have read multiple times, that the scent is very weak. I am a guy who likes somewhat powerful scents.

Is there a good comparison between Sudsy Soapery and let ´s say PAA, Soap Commander, Mike ´s or something in that range? Is this soap worth the buy? I know, each one is different and has different liking’s, so my question is a bit difficult to answer i guess…

Thank you in advance.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jtspartan like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Have a look at Central Texas Soaps. I've been a regular customer of theirs for a few years. You can read my reviews of some of what I've bought from them.

9. ChiefShaver

Thank you very much. Never tried CTS too…:rofl:

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy to help. One reviewer calls them a "Stoylin Ripoff". Not sure if that's negative or positive lol. But CTS is a favorite of mine,

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I had their vegan Jack Frost a few years ago. In terms of you asking about a comparison, I would put it in the performance range of other high end vegan soaps/creams. PAA’s CK6 base or Castle Forbes come to mind for slickness.

12. ChiefShaver

Oh, that sounds like i definitely need one of their soaps to give them a try.

I have read that some guys wrote in their reviews, that the soap dries out the skin quite a bit. With all these butters and other ingredients in it, i cannot imagine that. But, each skin is different though…Do you had any complaints about it in any way?

13. ChiefShaver

How strong is the Peppermint on this soap? Is it the dominating note or is there a good balance? I ´ve just ordered their Bay & Citrus (Triple Buttered Formular) and i am very curious about it.