Summertime...Barbeques, Grills & Smokers!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by HolyRollah, Jun 11, 2013.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not foiling will give them a little more bite from the bone. I cook on a kamado and haven't had the need to baste ribs or use a water pan. I just use a heavy hand applying rub, set the grill wherever it settles between 250F and 275F and let them do their thing. I like to foil and wrap them for about 45 minutes once it hits the stall just to help them along. It has been so long since I used another cooker, sorry I can't help much.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A friend of mine has one and loves it. I have an old large black KJ and a small oval Primo that I inherited. Enjoy.

Redrock and Edison Carter like this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t start basting until after the rub has set. If you baste too soon you run the risk of washing your rub off. Just my opinion, someone else may have a different view. Good luck!

Redrock, Ksblazer and Edison Carter like this.
  4. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Smoked chicken breast Monterey with rice and beans.

20200712_131838_HDR.jpg 20200712_131720_HDR.jpg

5. Ksblazer

20200815_162823_HDR.jpg

Peach\chipotle bbq baby back ribs.

6. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Excellent!!!

Redrock and Ksblazer like this.
  7. Ksblazer

8. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Alder smoked salmon. Excellent. I made Cilantro Lime coleslaw and garlic sauteed fresh green beans as the sides. It was great.

salmon.JPG

9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I had a little family get together today. I made a good fire with Red Oak, and did some cooking. . I cooked Chicken Shish Kabobs, and Prime Rib Shish Kabobs. Also, some hotdogs and big thick hamburgers. Something for everyone. Plus, I can freeze the leftovers and eat good for.a.while.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I fired up the kamado yesterday and roasted a spatchcocked turkey breast for Thanksgiving. After a dry brine, I used a touch of cherry wood at 325F and basted with a garlic herb butter a few times through the cook. It was definitely one of my better efforts.

turkeybreast.jpg

BamaT, Redrock, Ksblazer and 4 others like this.
  11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great job! Looks yummy.

PanChango likes this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I was impressed with how it turned out this year.