Super Adjustable Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jack-in-the-Green, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Jack-in-the-Green

Jack-in-the-Green New Member

Does anyone know a good way to tell the long-handled Super Adjustable from the short-handled Super Adjustable when you don't have another razor to compare it to side by side? (E.g. when looking at auction sites.) I would really like to try the short-handled Super Adjustable, but I can never tell which is which. How long are each of the respective handles? Does anyone have a picture of them side by side?

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

The handle on the long is about 3 7/8", and the handle on the short is about 3 1/4".

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I, and a lot of people, prefer the longer handle. Both are great razors though. Buy which ever you can if you see one for a good price.

4. Jack-in-the-Green

Jack-in-the-Green New Member

Thanks, guys!

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What is the advantage of a long handle? I can undersand in the hands of a woman, it allows her to get into more places that she can't see.

6. OneRand

OneRand New Member

Didn't know short handle existed

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

?? I dont think you should be shaving places you cant see.

The LH lets you use a lighter touch if you hold it towards the end of the handle. I dont know what the main purpose of the real difference is, but thats what I've come to find from owning both. It is hands down my favorite adjustable. I gave away my slim and am selling my fatboy. But this razor isnt going anywhere.