Super Speeder from GA

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Draftetdan, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Draftetdan

Draftetdan Active Member

Wow, you guys are crazy with all your info. This is my new favorite place. The willingness to share and the comradery is heart warming.
    Clearly, I'm new to these parts. I recently left my old tto gillette in a hotel room 1000 miles from home and the hotel staff has "no idea where it could be". Strange... This was my favoritest razor ever and I've been dragging around for about 20 years. So...long story short... Found a "heavily" used 1949 Super Speed at a local antique store for $8. Then I found you guys while looking for tune-up options. Then...wait for it....I found another SS still in the box for $25. Happy days again. SS #1 will get a droppsy repair and a home brew re-plate. #2 is perfect as-is. I'll share pics as I go.
    I look forward to hanging out. Thanks letting me in.

Regards
    Dan

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the pics Dan

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Welcome to TSD!

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the den.
    And yes indeed, bring on the pics!

RyX likes this.
  7. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shave den. Glad you found a nice replacement. If that new razor lasts for another 20 years, then that 25 dollars will only be a yearly cost of, ... uh, let's see, carry the one, minus the annualized depreciation, plus inflation, ... Well anyway, Welcome!

RyX likes this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, @Draftetdan , from North Cackalacky. You have come to the right place. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.
    zwelcome2b.jpg

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Draftetdan! Glad you brought your experience with you. There are a few folks around that never quit using vintage Gillettes. The rest of us strayed into cartridge or electrics but have found ourselves "back home". There are even a new generation of young guys discovering wet shaving and skipping all the misery of lousy shaves.

So pull up a comfy chair, fix yourself a tasty beverage, and join in the conversation! This is your own personal thread here. Feel free to ask questions. Folks will share opinions, advice, even actual information.

I've got a question for you. Many products have gone by the wayside. Is there anything you used & enjoyed that's no longer available? I'm thinking software and consumables; blades, soap or creams, aftershaves?

dmshaver and brit like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm curious about this! Feel free to take lots of photos and post up a tutorial.

dmshaver and Dansco like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard! Glad you found us and, believe me, getting in isn't the hard part. Ever finding the door out is the trick but we try to keep it so friendly and informative that nobody looks anyway. We're like the Hotel California of shaving forums. You can check in or out anytime you like......but you can never leave. (Cue wicked guitar solos)

RyX, dmshaver and brit like this.
  15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Draftetdan

I hope you enjoy it here. A lot of SS users here, looking forward to the pics. :happy088:

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hi Dan, and welcome to TSD! Happy Shavings!

welcome.jpg

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Dan, welcome to The Shave Den!

19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD Draftetdan. Glad that you found us and decided to stay. Enjoy!

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den!! Glad you found us.