Superlather

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by West Muss, May 23, 2023.

1. West Muss

West Muss New Member

I was wondering. how often do you all use superlather. I was practicing with my Tabac and adding some Kiss My Face mint and it made a good mix. But it seemed a bit time consuming...not a whole lot but a bit. Just wondering how often...and when do you all make your superlather.

Hembree likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I only add KMF unscented to make up for my error of too much water with my soaps.
    My opinion, if a soap needs a boost of cream to make a super lather, the soap isn't worth it.
    That said, I did have some Woods of Windsor shave soap that made for a poor lather, but I really liked the smell. Enter the unscented KMF cream to boost the lather without affecting the scent.

Hembree likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

TABAC is considered one of the best shave soaps. It always provides a thick and slick lather, that is easy to get. Me, I load the brush well, then face lather. I add a little water, as needed, along the way. It is a fast process with this soap.

Hembree and swarden43 like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. Love Tabac. Never, never a problem getting a great slick lather, and plenty of it!

Hembree and DaltonGang like this.
  5. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Not since I learned how to build a good lather. It just hasn't been necessary.