Susie's Handmade soaps (ebay vendor)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Baloosh, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Thanks for giving me a try guys. I appreciate the reviews, I'm sure that there is always room for improvement. I'll keep trying.

:rolleyes:

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Today I used the Sweet Honey Almond soap and my experience was great. I used considerably less water than the first time (just the wet brush) and was able to get great, thick and slick lather - that's the way it's supposed to be. Great skincare too, I'm a happy chappy now :D

3. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

:D and I'm glad tooo

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

you're happy, I'm happy - we're all happy ::

taking a peek at the post count: I've just hit 300, yeehaw :D :cool:

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Nice job, Buddy !
    ....itsa good start. ;)

6. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

I have to add this is my experience as well, the lather was thick and rich very much like a lard based soap,lubrication wise not so good,what Letter K calls residual slickness or something- There seems to be a confusing amount of options besides just scent.

[​IMG]

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Jim, judging from your pic you have the Olive Oil soap and I can't comment on that one as I have the shea-butter versions. But try the following: Drown your brush in water and then give it one good shake. Now go to town on the soap and your lather should get slicker. Very little water is the key here.

peeking at ricks post-count: Yeah, you're right, it's a beginning :D

8. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I'll try it again tonight using less water. I'll admit that on my second use of this soap I went the opposite direction, thinking that more water might lead to better lubrication. Now I'll try with less water.

9. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

:cool:
    well, one can only hope....
    looks like 302 now.

:cool:

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Jim, definitely looks like you have the "straight" olive oil soap. My label says SHEA BUTTER shaving soap where your's says Olive oil