T&H preshave oil

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by saltypete, Aug 15, 2009.

1. saltypete

saltypete New Member

I was given some samples of the T&H preshave oil and I've gotta say that I find it to be great. I had just about eliminated irritation through technique and the alum block but the T&H oil takes it to another level. It allows smoother XTG & ATG passes and thus a closer shave without clogging my razor and the scent is amazing. It is pricey but I have got 4 shaves out of a single 5ml sample. I am definately gonna pick a bottle up. I'd be interested to hear opinions on this product.

Pete

2. tomholton1234

tomholton1234 Member

I always wanted to try this, but it is expensive to use on a regular basis. (that liter bottle was like $400!

Do you apply the oil and then shaving cream?

3. saltypete

saltypete New Member

Yep.

4. MelloJello

MelloJello New Member

Waste of money. I would suggest mix your own up. Olive oil or grapeseed oil, a bit of castor oil, eucalyptus or tea tree oil, and maybe some citrus EO. I love the "last pass" oil method....really helps seal the deal IMO. Doesnt leave skin greasy or oily at oil.

5. rickboone

rickboone Member

Mello, wouldn't those ingredients be costly to obtain? I see preshave oil for less than 5 USD.

I add a few drops to my cream. Anyone ever do this? Can't say it helps or hurts.