tabac questions

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gatto, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Just as an FYI for future reference. I've seen this sale at FragranceX roughly three times in the past six months. It seems to be a regular thing for them and it's an awesome deal on one of the best soaps going. Eight bucks with free shipping are you kidding!?! Of course I'm sure that's to get people to buy other stuff while you're there. Once they realize all us wetshavers are snapping them up and not buying anything else who knows what will happen to that sale!

2. riffin

riffin Active Member

The bottom of the Tabac ceramic has a bump. I don't know it the soap is contoured to fit the bump or if there is dead space. The refill puck is not contoured. I don't lather in the ceramic. I just use it to load the brush. I try to scoop out as much onto the brush as I can. Then I lather in my mug or on my face. I also store the ceramic upside down. When it's been sitting a while after a shave, I make sure there is no water in the lid and wipe the outside. That keeps it dry and ungross. Tabac is one of my most favorites. I'm going to give some to my Dad for Christmas, along with Knotty Badger custom brush. BTW, a superlather with Speick cream is awesome.

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Go buy another soap - get some Speick, or Harris Arlington, or even a Palmolive shave stick. I got okay lather with Tabac - nothing spectacular - but it smelled like bug spray. Spend you money on something less noxious.:D
    :scared007:scared003

4. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :D

If you ever want to order from QED, find the number on the website and call it. Place your order over the phone with Charles. It's much easier than the website and Charles is a really nice fellow and great to talk to.

Yeah. I'd hold out for another FragranceX sale. They're constantly doing this.

5. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

holding off for the sale sounds like a good idea. If I put myself on their mailing list will I get an email when they do another one? or do I need to watch the site?

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I would fork over extra for the bowl w/ soap. Very nice. I would sample the scent first...Nothing about you being a girl but my girlfriend smelled it and she said there would be no way in hell she would use. Said it reminds her of old men at a bingo parlor? I love the scent though and the performance is incredible:)

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

haha! as much as I love scent I don't smell my lather nearly as much as you gents do so even if it doesn't smell awesome but performs really well it could be a winner. I don't think I'm going to get the bowl because my soaps always end up in little containers anyway.

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Jen, did you check into what I PM'd you about?

9. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

No idea. I'd just say watch the site. I'll keep an eye out for you as well.

I love the smell of Tabac. The lather is great stuff as well. I have nothing but praise for Tabac.

10. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

:)

Gotcha;) You will be happy with it and it will last FOREVER! If you ever get the chance. Try of Pre De Provence. It smells great(very light clean scent) Also....the TSD store sell samples http://www.theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=73

She sells Tabac samples if you are looking to try it and the sample will last quite a while.

11. apswartz

apswartz New Member

I loooooove Tabac!

12. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

yeah but I donno if I like the idea of using a shaving stick that has been passed around half of a forum :happy102

13. sol92258

yep, my first use I actually loaded my brush on the stick :D
    which leads to the all time question, if soap gets dirty, what do you use to clean it with?:happy102:happy102:happy102

14. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

aha, maybe I'll try it. I mean what the hell can you get from a shaving stick :rolleyes: although I do guess that depends on where it's been

15. sol92258

Micah kinda gave us a scare for moment there, but he was only kidding...we hope :eek:
    anyway, Doug got it from there and gave it back to me, Dom is getting it next.
    Tex mentioned wanting it to go round the world, like to Japan, then UK, then you would make a good stop for back to the US, or maybe from you to those places...who knows

16. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

well I don't mean where it's been in the world :taunt005

17. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

That's exactly the scare with Micah Jim was talking about.

18. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

... I think I'm just going to buy one :happy102

19. apswartz

apswartz New Member

I have never used a shaving stick.

Do you rub it on your face then use a brush to lather it?

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I received a used shave stick once when I purchased a razor from someone on another forum. It still had stubble on it. :sick007