tabac questions

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gatto, Dec 4, 2008.

1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

That is just too gross. This is why I wouldn't buy used anything except for a razor that I can clean.

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Rinse, wipe, use!

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Close...I cut off about 1/4" (maybe 3/8") before using it. It was only the end that was funky, the rest was still encased in the foil.

4. JimR

JimR Active Member

I know it's coming to Japan eventually. :D

As for used shave sticks, always cut the end off. what's a little more off the top?

Jen, if you want a Tabac puck, PM me. I have an NIB that I'm not going to use since I got a stick. You cover shipping, it's yours.

5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yep, that's it

well, be careful now...I was tempted to cut off a little bit, but the whole point of the exercise is to see how many shaves to finish it off, and cutting some off would defeat the purpose...so I simply lathered directly off the stick the first use

6. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Sweet! I'll keep my eyes open for one!

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

Yeah, I was planning to do the same with this one.

8. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Thanks so much! sent a PM

also did you guys ever think maybe it wasn't such a genius idea to send a stick of shaving soap all over the world to get rubbed on who knows how many faces? :happy102 :rolleyes:

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Shipping from Japan...$32.50. :happy102

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

What kind of discount service you think I'm running here? $62.57!

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

no, but now that you mention it...let's do it twice!
    :D
    but seriously, we'll know exactly who's getting it, and so far a very small pool of takers

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Sorry, Jim...didn't mean to cut into your profit, uh, I mean undercut your actual shipping cost. :D

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

Ixnay on the ofitpray! I'm a NICE GUY!

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Sorry...

15. OmegaEdge

OmegaEdge New Member

Just had my first shave with Tabac today and all I have to say is WOW, best soap I have used so far and I got it from FragranceX before they sold out. My gf says it smells nice, like a man and shes pretty particular about the scents I wear.

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yeah, I got mine from them, too, back at the end of October when another site was having "A Month of Tabac" during November. Even though I got booted, I liked Tabac so much I still haven't stopped using it. Plus sticking with it for over a month now I've really gotten to where I can get a good lather with it in my sleep. I have a feeling though that once the holidays pass I'll be trying out new soaps and creams. :D

17. Leon

Leon Active Member

Straight razor Designs sells refills for 10.99 USD.

No, never melt soaps, mill them instead.

18. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

what is wrong with melting? I've melted a ton of soaps with no problems

19. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Jen, there are many soaps out there that contains ingredients that can be harmed by the microwaving process. Tallow, and milk based soaps can actually burn. To melt these, you need to use a double boiler method or carefully use 5 second bursts in the microwave. Also, some soaps have clays in them. They clays need to stay suspended in the soap for them to produce the added slip they are there for. If you melt the soap, and do not stir it well until is hardens, the clays will settle to the bottom and be useless. That about wraps it up....................

20. JimR

JimR Active Member

MWF does not melt, really, even in a double boiler. It gets softer, but it retains its shape and it's resistance to malformation pretty well. I would imagine most triple milled soaps would be the same...