Tabula Rasa

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kurt, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Can anyone tell me more about this soap and where to buy?

Also does Tabula have its own web site?

Kurt

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. xChris

xChris Member

Tabua Rasa is made by 1000 & 1 Seife. I have the "Dark Lavendar" shaving cream, and I really like the scent and its performance. I usually don't need to use a AS or ASB if I don't want to after a shave.

4. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Chris, are you saying...you use the Dark Lavendar Tabula Rosa...or ...is there a dark lavendar under the 1000 & 1 seife name?
    Bestest

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Tom, the Dark Lavendar is one of several scents the soap/cream (technically it's a soft soap) comes in.

It comes in frankincense, "creme" (absolutely stunning scent - undescribable!), dark lavendar, tea and vetiver&tangerine. I don't know if Lee has all of those in stock, though.

Check out my review: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242

6. xChris

xChris Member

Tom,

What Klaus said above ^^^. I've got Tabula Rasa in Dark Lavendar and unscented versions.

Klaus,

Last time I asked about the "Fruits & Roots" (Tangerine & Vetiver) I was told they had problems with skin irritation, and dropped the scent. I believe you got a tub very early on when they offered it. Do you know if they reintroduced it?

7. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

THanks for your pointings. Klauss a fine review
    Thanks

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

It's a completely new version with a "different" scent and without skin irritation problems :)

Tom: You're welcome, mate!

9. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Shaved w/Dark lavender this morning. The trick w/this stuff is not to be skimpy with it. I tried to use as little as possible the first couple of times, b/c it's so darn expensive, and got subpar lather. But a standard almond sized amount this morning resulted in a great shave.

I love the patchouli/lavender combo, but the lavender is a little too subtle, you can barely smell it once it's been lathered up.

great stuff, no asb needed afterward.

10. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I'll try this next time.....

Ive had some for awhile now but dont use it much cause I'm not that impressed with it.
    Could be I need to tweak the ratios a bit cause I thought the same of MWF for the longest time....:o

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Ya, MWF is a definite soften up with drops of water and use plenty of soap candidate.

12. xChris

xChris Member

Outstanding! I will add it to the acquisition list again.