Talk to me about soap scents for Spring and Summer

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Salty Belle, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

How about this picture? :)
    26 01 16.JPG

2. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

That's great too! I hope you didn't attempt shaving with that gear ;)

Robyflexx and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy102:

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That would remind me of some of the best years of my life-living in Washington DC(herry Blossom). Oooh, that was bad, but it's true!

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Robert, did I just reply to an old post?

6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

If you did something anywhere close to Aventus my wife would make me buy it.

JR Reyes, Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

For a non-mentholated option, I would recommend a blend of cedar, amber, and a touch of pine. Something that kind of matches the smell of a summer afternoon with pine and cedar trees outside.
    Having a mentholated soap to keep you cool or some mint scents to remind you of something cool in the hot weather is nice (and I quite like mint scents in general), but I also like matching soap scents to the pleasing aspects of the current season that I'm in. For instance, the warm cedar with the freshness of pine (more cedar than pine) to remind me of a nice summer day-and in winter I love the sharp fresh smell of air that comes with snow.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    BigMike, Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Haha if I could convince my father to start wet-shaving, this would be the kind of SOTD he would take.

Salty Belle likes this.
  9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

How about something called LUAU...

A little tropical but add elements to bring out the fire. Haven't seen one dome before so just a thought...

Salty Belle likes this.
  10. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Sorry for being late to the party, Kt. Too late?Here are a couple thoughts from me anyway. First, I'm not a citrus soap man. Also, I prefer the darker, deeper stuff; not very summery. In winter I gravitate toward woodsy scents. That aside:

If you somehow manage to have this transcend the scent/flavor of the drink, I'd go for it. Deep, but light. Not sure how, though. A touch of lime and ginger with some vetiver in the base? Frankincense? Difficult not to lose the fresh and light dimensions...

I'd be interested in this as well. Same issue with it not being too sweet and/or floral yet still be summery. Some tangy fruit?

Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Cranberry lime might work?

Salty Belle and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Salty Belle

Not too late...as soon as the balms are launched (I hope this weekend) I'll be soaping a couple batches next week. I have one blended up and I think it smells devine:) I have two other blends I'm tinkering with based on some suggestions here.

13. Salty Belle

That sounds really good:)

White731, Jasman and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I agree! :)

Salty Belle likes this.
  15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I should specify that I reflexively stay away from stone-fruit scents because of a sensitivity to them. The comparison between cranberry and cherry was first recommended to me by a professional chef as a substitute in foods. It may be a poor fit in the scent world.

16. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Catie's Bubbles has a cranberry soap that I might try.

17. JR Reyes

@Salty Belle. The next time visit a Victoria's secret store...check out their men's cologne. Just to See if any of thrm are worthy of making into a soap.

18. Salty Belle

To be honest...I've NEVER been in a Victoria Secret's store :happy097: although I have smelled some of their lotions and some of the fragrance oil dupes out there:)

JR Reyes likes this.
  19. JR Reyes

LOL...okay sorry.

Salty Belle likes this.
  20. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

The Jeeves of Hudson Street "Cherry Blossom" might be a good Spring scent as well.