Tatara Masamune Nodachi

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jmudrick, May 2, 2019.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Well-Known Member

Available for June Pre order.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

jimjo1031, Hembree, cliffb599 and 2 others like this.
  2. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Interesting razor. Reminds me of the Futur. That's about $166, which is towards the high end of what stainless DE's are going for.
    I know nothing about the company, as far as razors go, though the ad makes it sound like this is a big deal.

What do you know about them?

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    RyX likes this.
  3. jmudrick

This is their second razor , the first I tried in a pass around and was impressed with its build quality. It was a superb shaver if a little on the mild side for many. This razor seems aimed at those looking for a little more zing. I almost pulled the trigger on that one , I most certainly will on this one

brit, RyX and DesertTime like this.
  4. DesertTime

This one has a .9MM blade gap and "enhanced" blade exposure (whatever that means), so it shouldn't be mild.
    Are they really associated with the family/company of the great sword maker, or they just leveraging the name?

It is a beautiful razor, though.

RyX likes this.
  5. jmudrick

Name is a tribute. Portuguese is the maker's first language so one finds occasional translations a bit awkward. I presume this razor will have greater exposure than the first.

DesertTime and RyX like this.
  6. DesertTime

I look forward to your review when you get the razor. It does remind me of the Futur, a favorite razor I used exclusively for many years.

jmudrick likes this.