Teaching my big brother

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Epimetheus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Thanks to you all, I've learned enough not to shred my face and pass on some small skill.

Big brother could be considered a newbie. He has been using a DE for several uncomfortable years, shaving every third day or less because his sensitive skin was razor burned from ear to ear. He thought an adjustable razor might help but, you know, they are not available in stores. No specialty shops are near him.

He and I are both toolies and know good quality equipment can make a job easier. This week he received a Super Adjustable, an assortment of blades, a divided mug scuttle, and several decent shave creams. Luckily he has a decent brush.

It is more difficult to teach long distance. Fortunately he is a quick study. I discovered he was not even soaking the brush before shaving. We are kinda starting at the beginning.

It's nice to return the favor for all he has taught me. Mostly through the example of what not to do. He's a good person but was of the school "Hey y'all, watch this!" We have both mellowed.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool! Make sure you introduce him to us!!

3. Epimetheus

He has no typing ability. I must answer for him.

The shave creams arrived. compared to previous shave creme he said "That was slicker than eel oil!" I guess it was a success.

When you use nice stuff, you feel better.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Glad he is enjoying. As for teaching him long-distance, do you have the ability to do video chats?

5. Epimetheus

Oh. I had not thought of that. He does skype w his grankids although he keeps saying he is not technically able. Thank you.
    (D'oh! The forum handle is appropriate.)

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As long as you both have Skype accounts, you can show him how to use the DE.

7. Epimetheus

Very true.
    There are parallels to stand-up improv, the possibilities both for big laughs and live streaming disasters. That would appeal to him.

Sara-s likes this.