teamTOBS

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Yes the advice in this thread has helped me alot - adding the extra water has meant a world of difference. I also have found that if I am doing a 3rd pass I will add a bit more water to my bowl after the 2nd pass and give my brush a few quick swirls.

jwr0201 likes this.
  2. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Just used the sandlewood today, love it.

Mr. Shaverman and spacehobo like this.
  3. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I used the last of the three samples of TOBS sent to me by @Gilligan and Walter - Mr. Taylor. Great cream. I don't have a ton of wet shaving experience but face lathering TOBS with a Plisson brush is top notch to me.

Mr. Shaverman and Spyder like this.
  4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I must repeat that tobs avocado is the best cream ever made. And i have a couple great higher priced creams.

5. DAN LEWIS

DAN LEWIS Member

I use TOBS grapefruit pretty regularly, its so easy to get a good lather and a very little bit goes a long way, up to three passes off of an amount less than the size of a dime.

6. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Need suggestions on other good TOBS scents. Have enjoyed Sandalwood, Grapefruit, Avocado, Almond and Mr. Taylor. How are the Lime and St. James Street?

WhiskerWhacker likes this.
  7. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I haven't tried St. James but have a tube of the Lemon Lime and really like it. You could also give Peppermint a try if you like the cold stuff.

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

the only TOBS I have is Grapefruit. it is an excellent cream with plenty of slickness and lather. TOBS fan all the way!!

spacehobo likes this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My go to is TOBS Grapefruit. Lathers great!

spacehobo likes this.
  10. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I've got the Almond, Lemon & Limes, and the Grapefruit. The Almond is awesome! Lemon & Limes is ok but it's my least favorite. The Grapefruit is really nice too.

11. spacehobo

spacehobo Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried TOBS Shaving Shop cream?

12. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I agree with the 'false lather'. I start the lather in my mug and then let it sit while I load the blade in my razor. Then whip it up some more. Gives me similar results. I have the Coconut and Grapefruit and they are both great.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am finishing a bowl of Lavender that I really like. I am working on Grapefruit which smells tasty. I trade a tube of Sandalwood for a nice MMBT razor. Great razor, good trade. I would love to try other TOBS, but I have too many soaps and creams already, and I am currently on a sabbatical.
    sabbatical.jpg