Tell me about your favorite aftershave and why you like it.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Salty Belle, Nov 8, 2016.

1. drone115b

drone115b Active Member

I like the Captain's Choice aftershaves. But even Aqua Velva will do fine for me. On days when I'm using an aftershave which does not contain witchhazel, I will use a witchhazel toner separately.

There is a Canadian brand "Booster" which I discovered in a barber supply store. The price was reasonable. I find it a really mild aftershave, nice barbershop scent, not too much sting but just enough; it recedes quickly but you can still detect it for a while.

Carbide Mike and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

While I like my drugstore staples. Some days a want something a little different.

I got some La Toja aftershave as a bonus in a purchase I made. Liked the scent a lot. Kind of like juicy fruit gum and ocean salt to my nose. Different than any other scent I have ever came across. Also get a little better post shave feel from it than my drugstore aftershaves as well.

But my favorite aftershave is Speick. It pairs well with my Speick cream or WSP lavender. The scent is kind of hard to describe. I get aloe vera mixed with some lavender and spice. It outperforms any of my other aftershaves that I have,as far as the way my face feels after I use it and it's very healing too.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I like to use plain witchhazel as not to interfere with my fragrance. My fragrance offers a alcohol based aftershave which leaves too much scent on my face

jimjo1031, TobyC and Demidog like this.
  4. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

Im like most others as well...alcohol splash with menthol, proraso green is my favorite but I just ordered my first fine (platinum) so we will see how it goes....what I want in a AS is basically proraso green with different scents.

Demidog and Carbide Mike like this.
  5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Skin Bracer, because my wife likes it! :happy088:

Ksblazer and Carbide Mike like this.