Tennis Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by djwurm, Mar 12, 2009.

1. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Anyone play Tennis regularly?

Ive been a avid tennis player since High School, but never could get above the 3.5 - 4.0 NTRP rating. I love playing it so much I actually string professionally for local clubs in Dallas. I may not be able to play at a high level but I do have a good reputation for stringing racquets!

As with most avid Tennis players we are brand specific! I am a Prince guy and just switched to the new Prince Red 105. My favorite string is Prince Premier LT 17g. I wear prince shoes and clothes. I guess its kinda dorky but whatever... I like prince clothes and shoes, they just fit well on me..

Tennis is a great cardio sport. If you dont play but want to, find a club in your area that has group classes. The beginner classes will get you a good foundation and also see if this is something you would like to pursue. Tennis is alot like golf, it has a high learning curve. It is also a great way to meet people especially in group classes.

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

3. djwurm

djwurm New Member

hahaha, thats actually pretty fun flash tennis game.

Well if you ever need a new or better used racquet let me know. I have tons sitting in my apartment I need to get rid of. Mostly customer racquets that they never picked up or new ones I bought that I was going to sell online via ebay but never got around to doing it.

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

does the Wii count?
    I tried tennis, and do like the exercise part of it, but otherwise suck at it.
    Played the snot out of racquetball in college, though, got pretty decent I think, well, until I saw some videos of the really, really good racquetball players, kinda neutered my racquetball self-esteem a bit :happy102

5. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I had a friend that played racquetball before trying tennis. his problems were his wrist breaking and trying to generating top spin.

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

I used to play a lot in HS. But in the NW, you have to play inside, finding available courts is difficult, and expensive.
    I used to used Wilson Pro staff 5.5's for a long time, then I went to Yonex,

Now I have a couple Volkl's but it's been a few years since I have used them.

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I use to play up until I was 28. Socially but still quite experienced. I acquired Plantar Fascitis(sp?) and havent been able to play since. If I do my foot takes about 3 months to recover from the torn tendons. I do miss it dearly though:(

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

There is nothing like a good game of tennis (Ok, maybe squash and badminton, but only because of the racket!).

I play a couple of times a week. Just purchased a couple of new Babolat rackets -- I'm having a smashing time with them.

9. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I am going through the same thing but seems to be getting better. I use a night splint, shoe inserts, aleve, stretching, and massage to relieve the pain. So far I have noticed a huge difference in my foot. Hopefully in a few months I can get back on the court full time.

10. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Which Babolats did you get? Pure Drive + cortex or Aeropro Drives?

I like stringing Babolat's over all other racquets for some reason.