Tequila lovers post your favorite or favorites

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 16, 2015.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Patron Silver, if you can find it.

2. Single Malt Whiskers

Single Malt Whiskers Active Member

Dunno about selection over there but if you posted some of the options available I'm sure folks here would be happy to weigh in on them :)

3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Like the Art Deco design of the Centenario bottles. Dang teens of mine found the tequila.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. Red Rider

Wife is currently in Mexico with my parents. She is asking what tequila would I like her to bring back. I decided to do some research and come across this.
    I've heard of phalic symbols for advertising but this takes it to a new level.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Jorvaljr likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I like casadores tequila .. I mix it with squirt soda and ice.. It's damn good on a hot summer day. Just sip... Lay back and enjoy.. If I'm sipping tequila I like El Jimador. Smooooth

6. KCphotog

KCphotog Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    In mexico one of the best to bring back is the Cava de Oro. Especially the Extra Anjeo. It's hard to get in the states and very expensive when you do.

Vai-nium is another to have her pick up. It is a vanilla tequila based liqour. Amazing flavor!

There are also higher end tequilas you can buy here but are much cheaper there. Don Julio 1942 is great. Done Julio REAL is even better. El Tesoro de Don Filipe Reposado is very good too.

Don't waste time with those in flashy bottles, they are just that. More attention paid to the bottle than the tequila.

Also know that most places will happily give you samples of any of them if they think you are going to buy, so tell her to not be afraid to ask and actually try some and see what she likes.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

7. KCphotog

Supporting Vendor
    Try adding a bit of lime juice and some salt and you'll have a Paloma....the true mexican favorite drink.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Red Rider

Thanks for the recommendations. She sent me some pics.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    These are in Mexican pesos.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  9. KCphotog

Supporting Vendor
    Those are all lower end tequilas, you'd likely enjoy some Souza from Walmart more.

I didn't go to a single market that didn't have Cava de Oro. It's just in a basic square glass bottle like this. Another thing is if she is in an area with several store, tell her to check several before buying. The prices fluctuated between the stores I noticed.
    [​IMG]

Jorvaljr and Red Rider like this.
  10. Red Rider

You must really like Cava de Oro. I'm currently finishing some Centenario Anejo.

11. KCphotog

Supporting Vendor
    I do. I, as well as all the friends I were with all sampled many many tequilas down there and it was by far the best for the money. There were a few we liked better such as the 1942 or the REAL, but the cost difference was significant. We also checked some tequila review sites before going back and buying and they rate the Cava de Oro very highly.

Price also depended where we were at. For a 375ml bottle in Cancun of extra Anejo it was about $45 US, in Puerto Aventuras it was a good $10 higher, in Playa del Carmen it was like $25 higher, Tulum and Coba were about the same as Cancun.

Red Rider likes this.
  12. Red Rider

She's in Acapulco.

13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol oh I'm well aware of Paloma.. It's my Tia Alicia's favorite.. I'm Mexican by the way..

KCphotog likes this.
  14. Single Malt Whiskers

Single Malt Whiskers Active Member

That happens to be my favorite summer drink, which luckily in SoCal means I can drink it about 8 months of the year :) (maybe a few more if I stretch it). What I do is I've frozen lime juice in an ice cube tray and pop a cube in a glass, give it a nice bath in my favorite tequila, and then sprinkle some himalayan pink salt in, deliciosa!

GatorJoe and KCphotog like this.
  15. KCphotog

Supporting Vendor
    Going to have to try that!