The ΑΛΦΑ T-400 Pass-Around Thread

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Vlasta, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Hi, please count me in once the brush hits the Canadian border.

Vlasta likes this.
  2. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Hi Guys,

a little update on the T-400. I want to give you an update on the production of the first batch so you don’t think it has all gone quiet for no reason.

1. All of the knots are ordered from my knot supplier and he is having them made as I type. As these are made to order they do take a little time. I placed my order on Friday 6th and he said approximately 3 weeks for manufacture and delivery to me.
    2. Handle production - please take a look at the attached photos and short movies. The handles are at final polish stage now and who’ll be with me within 7 or so days. The circular item with the slot - you will have to wait and see what that's for!!

Some shots attached are of pre-edge break and polish stages - don’t worry!! - the T-400 will be smooth, shiny and a pleasure to use.

Happy shaves to everyone this weekend.

regards

Steve Tinter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DaltonGang, Paul76 and Tdmsu like this.
  3. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Are you going to be saleing some or these just for the pass around? I would love to get one with a badger knot!

Keithmax likes this.
  4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm in please for CONUS!
    I've never tried horse and I love the 400 shape!

Vlasta likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Any updates on the Pass-Around???

6. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    it will start once I have finished making the brush - there are a few participants now so it is gonna happen for sure.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Keithmax, DaltonGang and RyX like this.
  7. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Any more takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

9. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Pass around starting soon!!

Gentlemen. The Eagle Has landed. Handles arrived today and they look great. Now let the fun begin!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keithmax, Rhody, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  10. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Sweet
    Gleaming!

can you clarify the bottom?
    t409 or aaoa t400

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    DaltonGang, Keithmax and Vlasta like this.
  11. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Does look good.

Vlasta likes this.
  12. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    T-400 - I was not sure many people would be able to read the Greek lettering.

Rhody and jar like this.
  13. BearCWY

Now you may have to do a new owners club and map for your brushes!

14. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    YES!!!

15. BearCWY

Can you # them so we can tell who's is who's too?

16. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I can but I am reluctant to do that - not really like Jim's brushes which are all hand crafted - mine all look the same... I will do a map using zipcodes only is my thinking.

17. BearCWY

Well I guess I need to be counted out on the pass around for now, ........ I just bought my own from Vlasta! ;)

18. Screwtape

I guess I need to be counted out on the Pass Around too now -- Alex @AlDm generously PIFed me his brush from the earlier prototype testing -- looks like the current version except without the marking on the base. It arrived today. Comes with one ferrule, fitted with one of Vlasta's badger knots. Alex also generously included a Complete Russian Shaving Kit, so it looks like I will have to do a few Russian Shaving Days in the 30DC thread along with testing the T-400.

Here's the picture of the items I received, including the brush:

Alpha T-400 and Russian Shaving Kit.JPG

First impressions of the brush: very comfortable weight in the hand -- I don't think hollowing the handle to save a couple ounces is at all necessary. Fit and finish of the aluminum looks flawless. Ferrule screws on and off easily. And from a quick preliminary test, the badger knot that Vlasta included seems of excellent quality -- very good backbone with pleasant softness on the face when wet, and no signs of shedding. I will use the brush for the next week or so in my daily shaves, which I report daily in the 30DC thread, and will then do a summary review report here and in the T-400 thread.

Rhody, Keithmax, BearCWY and 2 others like this.
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I will be in on the CONUS pass-around.

Keithmax likes this.
  20. Screwtape

Based on my quick lather test with that prototype version badger brush, I think you are in for a real treat!

PLAla and Keithmax like this.