The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. domminigan

domminigan New Member

Yeah, just find the 5 pack that fell off my two cards. :p

2. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

gonna give them a try in the morning..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Queen of Blades and IAmTheJody like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Look around good for it because it's not here. :happy088:

4. Ron Rothenberg

Ron Rothenberg New Member

Received my two cards yesterday, thanks.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

Used one last night, DFS+++ 99 to go. Thanks!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

WOO my new Slim Adjustable mailed Monday morning, should be arriving just around the same time as my blades. I think the shave deities are telling me something. Hopefully my wife will keep stealing my feathers and leave my Voskhods alone.

7. MaxP

MaxP Member

Jody. Just want to add my "Thanks" for doing this.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

I sent out a bunch of International packages today. Got lots more going out in 2 days (will be busy tomorrow so can't do them tomorrow - they are packaged, just won't be able to take them to the post office tomorrow). Only have 13 more cards to package and mail - all to the Netherlands - and this group buy will be done!*

*I'd like to thank the Germans and the Australians for making it difficult with those huge, long and 6-line postal addresses which I had to write twice - once on the package and once on the customs forms! :happy097:

colosilverado and battle.munky like this.
  9. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

Yesterday's SOTD was my first experience witht the Voskhod blade. I was dutifully impressed, and upon further review, extemely impressed at $0.10/blade. Double plus good kudos to Jody for mastering this deal. Jody, were there any no shows/no pays, ? cause I'll
    take up their slack. :signs107:

colosilverado and IAmTheJody like this.
  10. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

2 Cards arrived in Afghanistan today. Looking forward to tomorrows shave!

colosilverado, Red-Leg and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Active Member

Jody,

Thank You for organizing this group buy. You did a fantastic job!!

12. eggbert

eggbert New Member

You are most welcome!

Thanks for organising this.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. IAmTheJody

All blades have been mailed out. So you folks in Germany, Australia, Brazil, Austria, UK, Ireland, Canada and Netherlands... your blades are now in the hands of the United States Postal Service headed your way. While I do have Customs numbers for proof of mailing, please keep in mind there is no tracking on these and I'm not responsible for them once they've left my hands. Fingers crossed they all make it to their destinations!

Thanks again everyone for a very successful group buy and fundraiser for The Shave Den! Hope you have many great shaves with these fine Russian blades!

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow man!! Bet you can't believe it's done...:happy096: Time to kick back....pour yourself a nice Maker's Mark, and take pride in a job well done..:happy088:
    Buy the way, pour me one too and I'll take pride in how well you did, along with ya :eatdrink047:

colosilverado, tomnat and IAmTheJody like this.
  15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:signs011: I agree. Jody you really outdid yourself once again. Even though I did not participate in the group buy this time around, I take my hat off to you sir. :eatdrink047:

16. marijnr

marijnr New Member

Thanks a lot Jody! I look forward to my shave with a British razor, Dutch soap, Chinese brush, Italian aftershave and Russian blade! :)

17. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Bravo, Boss!

18. Sergio Campos

Sergio Campos Active Member

Thanks a lot Jody, you've done a great job, not only in putting it all together but also in taking the heat that's been generated.

I am looking forward to the Russian blades I've heard so much about...

19. Amadeus

Amadeus New Member

Hi there,

sent money with PayPal on the 10th of January but still don´t got any Voskhod blades or any message about date of shiping. It is close to seven weeks now since payment which is a lot of time, even for an international shipping to Germany.

Any news?

Regards, Amadeus.

20. IAmTheJody

Hi. As was stated in the very first post of this thread, this was a group buy and as such, would be open for a while until most people had an opportunity to get in on it. Then the group buy would be closed, the blades ordered by me and then mailed out by me once I received them from the distributor. The group buy didn't even close until 2 weeks ago. Then I had to wait on the blades to get to me from the distributor. Then I had to mail the blades out to everyone, which was completed this week. I've been posting regular updates. Have you not been following this thread? As you are in Germany and your blades went out with the rest of the International blades, they were mailed just this past Friday, March 02. You should have them within the next 2 to 4 weeks. Thanks.

colosilverado, alpla444 and 5Savages like this.