The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. burschi

burschi New Member

I am in for one card of 100 blades.
    Money has already been paid via paypal. Please ship the blades to Germany

Thanking you in advance !

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

1 card to Canada, PayPal sent .. thanks!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. amadablam

amadablam New Member

My blade stocks werent as low as I first thought so I placed an order for 5 cards to top me up :) all details sent in the paypal payment. Thank you! :D

'Your TSD VOSKHOD BLADES GROUP BUY transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you'

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. MDH4671

MDH4671 New Member

I'm in for 1 card. Payment sent
    Thanks Jody

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

There. Sent my payment for 2 cards, along with my TSD username in the required spot. Thanks again Jody! :)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks for doing this Jody! I still have lots from the last order, but these are great blades, and I appreciate you making them available. :)

PanChango and IAmTheJody like this.
  7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Couldn't resist. Ordered another card! Payment sent, that brings my grand total to 3 :happy036:

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Getchur blades here! Blades! Blades here!:happy102:

9. Jag

Jag Member

I submitted an order for one card to the USA. This is excellent.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Sent payment for two cards (Canada)
    Thanks

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

2 cards please, to be delivered in the Netherlands. Payment has already been sent.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Asteroid9

Asteroid9 New Member

I would like 1 card, delivery to the Netherlands! :)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Interesting buying stats so far...

International members have bought 24 cards while US members have bought 21 cards. Last year's Voskhod group buy only saw 9 International member buys. That means last year the majority of the 24,000 blades bought, went to US members - which most likely explains the difference so far this year.

Also TSD has gained several new members as a result of this group buy, both US and International. To those new members, Welcome to TSD! We hope you stick around and participate in the TSD community!

Speaking of TSD... In case you missed it in the first post of this thread, $1.00 of each card goes to TSD as a donation. The servers and software that make up the "house" of TSD aren't free so it's a nice way to help support TSD. As 45 cards have been paid for, so far we've raised $45.00 to support TSD! So thanks for that too!

If you are waiting on pay day before you buy, that's fine but it'd be nice if you'd go on and claim your cards in this thread so I can have a better idea of how many cases I'm going to need to purchase...

14. EndlessFields

EndlessFields Member

I'm brand new to DE shaving and I have a large sample pack arriving. But $.10 per blade is a great deal. Never tried Voskhod blades though, not sure if they are in my sample pack that's arriving or not. Thoughts everybody? I guess of I don't like them there seems to be plenty who do so trading would be possible.

15. I am going to claim a card. I have been trying Voskhod blades that were PIF'd to me by battle.munky, and really like them. I don't think you can go wrong.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My recommendation has always been, and always will be, try a single pack of blades before buying that blade in bulk. Personally, the Voskhod does nothing for me. I don't care for it. But that's me. Lot's of folks like 'em. It would just upset me, though, to spend even just $15-$20 bucks on a blade that I find out doesn't work for me. That money could have gone for a bulk buy of a blade I do like, or more soaps, or another.... ;)
    From what I've just explained, yes, you can go wrong. Sorry. But that's the way it is with blades.

17. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

While I agree with swarden43 to a point, this is such a great deal on these blade that buying them without having used them makes the risk quite tolerable. It should be very easy to sell or trade them should it happen that you dont' like these blades. I have read great reviews for these blades and ordered 2 cards, even though I have not tried them. If it turns out I don't like these, I figure I can easily trade or sell them, and the only thing I'll have lost is a bit of my time and maybe a few dollars. No big deal.

I do have some samples of these blades coming soon, but I didn't want to risk not getting in on this great deal, so I jumped in before my samples arrived. As long as you understand the risks involved, which are pretty minor, go for it.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Jody, thank you for undertaking such a colossal task. Again! :eek: :happy096:

If that.
    Considering the price you're getting these at. You could easily try a single pack, and if you don't like them, sell the rest for the current going market rate, and not lose a penny.

blanka and IAmTheJody like this.
  19. infabo

infabo New Member

One card to Austria. payment soon. Thx

20. BramJ

BramJ New Member

I will take 1 card, shipping to The Netherlands

Thx

IAmTheJody likes this.