The $9.00 Shea Moisture Shave : Ultimate Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dridecker, May 16, 2010.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

A) Most definitely.

B) It has performed far better than my boar without the shed factor, now I use a Burma Shave boar so that isn't saying much. I must say though that it is a little long in loft but not unforgivable so, and the bristles are a little pokey on the tips. Breaking it in more will probably make the tips split and soften considerably. Time will tell.

C) I haven't tried a Tweezerman, but I think that it would be a pretty safe bet, not just for noobs, but for anyone who hasn't tried badger for fear of price. Their are all the qualities of badger in this brush still, just on the cheap.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes, yes, and YES!

Haven't found a bit to complain about with this brush.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

As the recipient of the first Dridecker special PIF brush, the answers to the questions are YES across the board. I've been using it exclusively all week with the creams that came with it and I've lost one or two hairs. It has much more backbone than the no name pure badger that I've had for a couple of years, I wonder if it might be one of those combination brushes of badger boar? Definately newbie friendly with creams, for soap I'm going to stick with my omega boar. Now if Target woulg get with the program and carry this stuff nationwide that would be great. The handle size and head are pretty substantial for the price, it aint a tiny brush almost the same height as my proffesional but skinnier.

4. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Perhaps we should petition Target to carry more of them? On the other hand if we show interest in force they may jack up the price.

5. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

I went to Target this morning and picked up this brush. It seems nice. I haven't put it to my face yet but it whipped up a nice lather with the VDH soap from wally world.

I bought one of those racks that they sell to hang rakes and shovels on; installed it just under my rack of shaving stuff to hang my brushes on. I also stopped by CVS and picked up some Williams soap and some Aqua Velva musk in a glass bottle.

6. battle.munky

I also need to add that I Dremeled out a recess centered in the handle about the thickness of a washer and then glued a washer into the handle so I could hang it from my magnet storage device thing in the cave. Works excellent and for <$10 it doesn't hurt your feelings altering the handle.

7. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I read across the street that it may be "black badger" hair found on the rump of the animal. I cannot attest to the accuracy of this statement.

8. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

Same here.

9. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Yep, me too...

10. swarden43

Follow Bill's lead...

11. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

If they have it, then it'll be in their "shave" isle. I used mine this morning and it worked pretty good. I like it and thanks to OP for letting us know about it!

12. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Thanks, Steve. Everything within 170 miles is Out of Stock... I appreciate the help though!

13. swarden43

My pleasure, Tom. Credit to Bill.

14. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

Thanks Swarden43 I found two stores within 10 miles that have the brush. Unfortunately neither of them in a direction I normally travel in so I'll have to find a day when I have the time to drive over there.

Both the stores near me in my normal area of travel are listed as out of stock. Go figure.

I'm not too excited about this brush though as I haven't yet found a badger that I like. I'm pretty much a boar brush guy.

15. Williams Warrior

I thik you'd like this brush old spice. Nothing floppy about it, as good as an omega boar.

16. battle.munky

I don't know about the Omega, but this brush, mine anyhow, is a tiny bu=it too lofty which gives it a little flop. All said and done though, it isn't anywhere close to not getting one, its still a good brush thus far.

17. Williams Warrior

Odd mine refuses to flop when lather loaded, has a grat scritch to it. My O.P. has a softer feel on the face than this one.

18. +1 This thread made me pay a visit to my local Target last week. It is definitely scratchier on the face than my Omega boar 31025. It lathered all my soaps but Williams really well though so I can't complain.

19. erhein35

erhein35 New Member

I never use a shave brush after I shaved my beard I just rinse it water but looking at this picture I think it makes me wanna try something new in shaving - shave brush

20. swarden43

Should tell you something 'bout Williams

:scared003

Just joshin'!