The $9.00 Shea Moisture Shave : Ultimate Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dridecker, May 16, 2010.

1. Blooze

Blooze New Member

I got one of these last weekend as my first brush. Seems to work pretty well with my VDH, although I've never tried anything else. It seemed a lot heavier than any of the local boar stuff I could find like VDH and Burmashave. It's only lost 3-4 hairs in the 6 times I've made lather (shaved with it twice--I was practicing my lathering on the others :rolleyes:).

2. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

Glad I'm not the only one that practices making lather...

3. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

The Target store here in SC did not stock the brush and the clerk could not find it on the computer. Normal since we have a small population base I guess. Thanks for advising us Dridecker.

4. azshaver

azshaver Member

What a cruel thread. You get us all excited for something we cannot find. Apparently this hasn't gotten to the west yet.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not quite. All the Sun City area Targets have the brush listed as Out of Stock. Same as my area in VA.

They are available at a couple Phoenix Targets. (Been awhile since I've been in AZ, so I don't recall how far Sun City and Phoenix are from each other.)

6. Sunburst Six

Sunburst Six New Member

I took the liberty of picking one up last week, and I'm quite impressed. Definitely a softy, and the ploom is ridiculously wide compared to the other brushes in my collection. It is definitely a bit scratchy, but nothing I can't handle.

Overall, it lathers most of my soaps well, and is a joy to use.

7. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

It's in the West alright. I'm in CA and all three of my local Targets
    have them.

8. teaandscurvy

teaandscurvy New Member

Anyone know if this is actually badger? :think002

9. AxelH

AxelH New Member

It should be obvious at this point, considering that badger holds much more water than boar. Despite lower quality badger brush's scratchiness the hairs are finer and hold more water.

10. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

My Wife came home with one of these brushes today. I think I will put it through its paces starting tomorrow. It is nice to know what to expect from it.

11. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

they have this brush at my local target. haven't purchased one. I think Ill get it for my pops, I got him a tweezerman for xmast and the wood clear coat is getting cracked.

12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

this looks like a good brush for the money.
    thanks for the heads up!

13. Kevin

Kevin Member

Great Brush well worth the price. At the board across the street...someone received a return e-mail back from Shea moisture..." It is 100% badger hair."

Ditto
    I went into 2 Targets yesterday and there were a good 10 or more on the shelf at both places. They are for sure in Kalifornia. These will be the brush of choice for getting others involved in wet shaving(PIF). I will be picking up about 6 in the next couple of days.
    Great value for the money!

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Aha! So that is what you did! I thought it was Velcro when I saw a photo of your brushes hanging and I totally stole it, well, actually I didn't steal it, but I thought I did!

15. Medic_Coop

Medic_Coop New Member

Tried to find this brush on Target's website to no avail. Would anyone happen to have a link to it? Thanks in advance. I will check my local Target later today.

*Edit: Nevermind...I found the way to find it at the local target stores. It is at a store about 10 miles away. Going to get it in a moment.

16. Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Member

I wish my local Target's had these in stock.

17. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

yea the two local stores by me didn't carry it either.

18. If somebody really wants to try one of these that down have a target in the area then letme know and I could probably ship you one.

After some extended use I've found that it's a good brush, compared with my omega I haven't been able to get over the prickle when I face lather. The brush irritates my face more than my shave!
    Still, an excellent brush.

19. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

The skritchiness of mine is going down now, or I'm just used to it. Still seems to be getting more flexible.

20. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

got one

just got one of these brushes. I have to say the hair is a bit scratchy. its nice and big. for 8.99 its a steal. also I just had to test it and to my surprise it did not release any nasty color like the tweazerman and the smell is not that bad. I would recommend this brush to any one getting into wet shaving.