The $9.00 Shea Moisture Shave : Ultimate Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dridecker, May 16, 2010.

1. The Rockster

The Rockster New Member

$12.00 +over night shipping

None at the local Target................Why not order online? Probably cheaper shipped.

2. pdlbooboo

pdlbooboo Member

i'm definitely going to have to check this out! i hate ordering my supplies offline and am only working with a VDH right now. hitting up target right now to see what stores in the area carry it!:D

3. beautiful brushes, do not cost much to have this quality ', here in Italy you peel!!:(

4. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

that's a good deal

5. pdlbooboo

pdlbooboo Member

just picked one up today! i'm pretty pumped to try it out... may have to give it a test run tonight ;)

6. Rexall

Rexall New Member

Here is the North Texas (DFW) area, it checked the local Target and they had serveral brushes. Not that I am short on brushes, but hey, had to try one out. Sort of a badger brush with some boar stiffness. It works fine.:D

7. If you've gotten all the way to NC, you might should try the Turkey Creek Target in Knoxville, TN. I recently got mine there, and they had more in stock.

8. Blades

Blades New Member

I was just at Target today, I'll have to check next time I go, see if Fayetteville, NC has any.

9. gonza782

gonza782 New Member

in dover delaware the super target had about 15 of them i was surprised since this things a myth lol used it last night and for 9 bucks wow it was good.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Wasn't even near TN at the time. :)

11. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

I'd be willing to help people get this brush like the other fella did. Just pm me.

My Target has plenty of them. I picked up another today just to store away. I have 3 sons I have to prepare for. :D

12. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I just picked one up at Target last night. I washed it when I got home. The bloom and loft are much larger than my Vulfix. Much softer too.

I'm looking forward to trying it out this morning.

13. puffulufogous

puffulufogous New Member

I picked on up at my local Baton Rouge SuperTarget. Still a few on the shelf. Looks to be pretty good for the price. I wet it properly and it bloomed pretty well. Feels about like bure badger. Has a nice backbone. I will let you know more about the lathering and scritchyness in the morning. Planning on doing some proraso and aqua velva in honor of menthol monday. Hopefully it will hold up.

14. puffulufogous

puffulufogous New Member

I was very satisfied with my first shave with the shea. Lathered well, was soft, and was not scratchy at all. Only shed a couple of hairs. I appreciate the heads up on this brush.

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think after a few months of use that I can say this is probably my best value in shaving. Excellent for $9.

16. I just tried this the first time today. Clearly not as soft or full as my custom Shavemac or Rooney Super, but for $9 it's a steal. Lathered up the Erasmic beautifully, and really didn't feel very scritchy. No odor at all after one washing. Highly recommended for new shavers with limited finances.

17. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

A) Yes. This outperforms my Vulfix 247 which was about $25.

B) Yes. Using this brush has resulted in the most lather I have ever produced.

C) Yes. This should be THE brush that is recommended to newbies looking for a cheap badger brush. However, it sounds like geography may pose a problem for availability. So I will say that it should be A brush that is recommended to newbies looking for a cheap badger brush.

18. xbeezer

xbeezer New Member

I put in a call direct to the company that makes these bruhes. They were able to confirm to me that they do not have any Target stores in the state of GA that is stocking these at this time. That just stinks!!

19. kurtb2080

kurtb2080 New Member

None on the local homefront.....I searched the stores online and no stock. Checked out the local Target with no luck either. :(

Im really curious to try this one out, may be a nice change from my Omega.

20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Kurt, they carry 'em in the Delran Target there on 130. That's where I got mine. Funny, but the Target in Cherry Hill doesn't have 'em.