The Berkeley Custom Shaver

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 3, 2015.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I used my Berkeley today. it was the first time using this unconventional razor.
    it has a nice feel in the hand. it's size made holding on to it very easy, without sacrificing maneuverability(after ashort learning curve).
    I used mine at 4, and got a super close shave. it felt as if it had no blade in it, although I could hear the stubble being cut away. I ended up with two small weepers. these probably my fault.
    this razor would be of great benefit to guys with hand issues (arthritis and so forth).
    I disassembled the razorafter use to see if the water got in the storage compartment, it appeared to be dry. the storage and the dial down feature make this a prime travel razor candidate.
    I'm very happy with the Berkeley Custom Shaver. thanks dark, another fine razor in my collection because of your commentary.

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Happy to hear you like it! I ended up getting some outstanding shaves from it and was quite honestly 'surprised' :)

I absolutely agree that this could be a very good razor for people that due to various reasons have difficulties gripping a smaller razor but still want something that shaves great and have a way to adjust how aggressive the shave is.